The Beast has landed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Byron,
That is definitely a lousy attitude for a supplier - I wonder if he realises he is unlikely to get any more business from the members of this forum?

pleased you got it sorted mate, and a caution for anyone else dealing with lyndhurst, this whole topic will have probably cost them a fair few quid, i certainly wont be tuching them with that attitude

Byron,

I'm glad you have had some form of resolution to this, and that you're happy with it. Personally £400 is more than I have spent on any piece of equipment and I'm aware it was a very major expense for you too - personally I would be livid if anyone tried to pass off something like that on me.
The important thing is that you've got a machine you will doubtless get some good use out of at a better than expected price, and that we have all learned a valuable lesson - don't even touch Lyndhurst with someone else's ten foot barge pole, let alone your own!

V.

I wonder if he realises he is unlikely to get any more business from the members of this forum?

and that we have all learned a valuable lesson - don't even touch Lyndhurst with someone else's ten foot barge pole, let alone your own!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I ordered the 2hp extractor from them on Tuesday :roll:

Chris,

Byron,
That is definitely a lousy attitude for a supplier - I wonder if he realises he is unlikely to get any more business from the members of this forum.

Bryon.

The overall attitude was very poor and quite dismissive. Quote: "It's only a four hundred quid machine mate, it'll cost me two hundred quid just to come out and get it"

Two hundred quid. Has he any idea how much both present and future members spend on woodworking equipment/tools because of recommendations or feedback from this forum? Over time it must run into tens of thousands. How many new members are going to put planer/thicknesser into the search engine in the next year and because of this thread steer clear of Lyndhurst?

It's a pity Andy did not know the outcome of this before he ordered his dust extractor.

Byron, I do hope that your p/t gives you good service from now on.

Cheers

Mike

I was looking at one of their table saws....not any more, i value someone who cares about their customers...Bye bye Lyndhurst.

HI fella's

I just wanted to say that lyndhurst have been helpful in a manner and we have come to a resolution that suits both parties - but only to a degree, they could have handled the situation better and valued me as a customer more than they have done, it seems with the refund they have just taken the path of least resistance rather than making me a happy customer.

So in light of that, I don't want to outright say don't use them, and I think Andy, you'll be ok with an extractor as it's a fairly simple machine and is not such a burden do deal with if you have any problems.

My caveat to the whole situation with lyndhurst is this: They have dealt with the problem in a manner, however I would not recommend using them for any large or difficult to deal with product as they seem reluctant to handle the delivery/pick up aspect of this and you'll find frustration.

I'm sure their service will be fine for smaller items where there is less hassle for them.

Pleased that you have been able to resolve the issues. Take your point though about value as a customer - this is another name to go on the careful if you deal with this company.

Good luck with your next machine Byron - it can only get better (hammer)

Very strange - there were a bunch of items from Lyndhurst for auction yesterday. Just now - 1 only - no machinery - no big items - nada :shock:

Byron, I am pleased that you are happy with the outcome, because at the end of the day thats all that matters.

As for Lyndhurst I think people will make their own minds up. I know what I think about a company that treats their customers like they have you.

Anyway good luck with your new toy and I hope it lasts for many years to come.

Cheers

Mike

A quick update:

Today I got off early from work so decided to go and tackle el-rusto and see whats what. Armed with some wet and dry and a tube of elbow-grease, I managed to get most of the rust of the tables. I've not tackled the rust on the roller guide thingy or the thicknesser bed support as i'll need a wire brush for these to get into the corrugations, but it's looking a lot better.

I've also fitted the wheels, the adjustable feet and the fence, which is a really heavy and sturdy piece. The security guard was also fitted.

I spent about half hour with axminsters instructions going round the machine identifying the parts and getting to know whats what, and I feel pretty confident about setting it up - I just need to get a 1m straight edge to help with the infeed/outfeed table setup.

There is however two small problems that I've found. The first being a nick and a slight gouge out of one the blades - this is at the far edge so shouldn't pose a problem but i'm going to try and convince the miserable swines at lyndhurst to send me a new one.

The one major problem that stopped play was that i've not been supplied with a power lead! The NVR Switch has a two pole arrangement, and I've got this white cone that fits over the poles, but no lead to allow me to plug the thing in, so another call to lyndhurst is in the offing - disapointing as I wanted to get it all up and running on some test pieces tonight, but nevermind atleast it's getting there and it'll give me some time to organise the workshop and find it's final place.

So in light of that, I don't want to outright say don't use them, and I think Andy, you'll be ok with an extractor as it's a fairly simple machine and is not such a burden do deal with if you have any problems

The extractor turned up yesterday. Packaging all fine and only a few little scratches on the support bars once the box was opened (nothing to worry about)

Seems to have alot of pull for the money (£135) and i'll change the cloth filter to there cartridge next month.

Byron,

As a gesture of solidarity I'll just add that if I am looking for any machinery in the future, Lyndhurst is off my list regardless of their offerings. They have treated this problem in a very poor way.

cheers,

ike

Ike, I don't blame you mate, this situation is still not sorted, and each day i get more and more peed off by this cowboy outfit.

I've been trying to get ahold of lyndhurst since last week about sending me the power-cord that didn't come with the machine, i've left two voice mails, called every day and sent an email - and nothing, not a thing! Total waste of time using them.

I think it's a one man operation as I only ever seem to speak to 'Richard'.

So, could someone who also has this machine tell me where I can source a power-lead for this machine as all I received with it was a white cone that goes over the two poles that come out of the bottom of the NVR switch - is there a safe way to wire this cone/converter thing, or can I buy an off-the-shelf replacement? Its so frustrating having the machine sitting here but not have the means to use it.

Andy, im please that your item arrived safely, I hope you don't have to rely on their after-sale service for it in the future.

BB, do you have the "other" email address "@fernhall", i'll pm it if you don't

Why not speak to trading standards or and even report them to ebay??

Byron, have been following your progress with this one. Reading your posts its was almost as if I had purchased the machine - the more I read the more angry and frustrated I have felt. I believe you have acted reasonably and with more patience than many others I can think of. The lack of care and attention you have received from this company is appalling.

I am with LyNx on this one. Why not speak to trading standards to assess your position - you have nothing to loose. I have recently gone down that route relating to a tiling supplier not wanting to replace damaged goods due to a 3 day clause in the contract. The advice I was given and the offer of help if needed was very helpful.

This company name is etched in my tiny mind as a no go area - unless, that is they do the honourable thing.

I do hope that you get these issues sorted out soon

Cheers :D
Tony

Byron,

Think about e-mailing them a link to this forum. Considering what you've gone through I'll not use them.

If they realise how much damage to their reputation something like this causes then just maybe they'll think again?

ByronBlack":kwax0p46 said:
There is however two small problems that I've found. The first being a nick and a slight gouge out of one the blades - this is at the far edge so shouldn't pose a problem but i'm going to try and convince the miserable swines at lyndhurst to send me a new one.
Why not just stone it out? You've already derusted the machine, after all. In any case that's what you'll have to do once you start using the machine in anger and get nicks.

ByronBlack":kwax0p46 said:
So, could someone who also has this machine tell me where I can source a power-lead for this machine as all I received with it was a white cone that goes over the two poles that come out of the bottom of the NVR switch - is there a safe way to wire this cone/converter thing, or can I buy an off-the-shelf replacement? Its so frustrating having the machine sitting here but not have the means to use it.
How powerful is the motor? If it's above 2HP the reason there might be no lead is that it might need to be wired through a fixed isolator as the start load is too much for a 13A plug. Does the manual perhaps state that the machine needs to be wired into an isolator and that it should be connected by an electrician? This is the norm for all the heavier stuff I've ever used. I seem to recall that even single phase Wadkins used to come sans leads. Perhaps we have an electrician who'd like to comment

Scrit

Back