• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

The Ash Project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
I've noticed lately the Ash trees around here are much slower to green up than they used to be, they'll still look like they're in their winter clothes while all the other trees are properly green. A couple have definitely died too. Not sure if that's attributed to the dieback or not.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do for them, remember Dutch Elm Disease? Or when you last saw a proper big Elm tree?

Chris152

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, the first signs are that the tips of branches lose/ don't develop leaves and die. After last week's winds, I walked across a field nearby and it was scattered with dead twigs from the ash trees - looking up, the dead tips are clearly visible around the profile of the trees.

shed9

Established Member
Reaction score
A few dead Ash around me and I live in the middle of a forest. Quite depressing really.

I'm kind of prepared with a Logosol to make use of what I can but certainly don't have the experience to drop an Ash yet, I'm relying on my ex-forestry neighbour to do that - hear too many horror stories.

It's real shame what's happening and fairly scary how a small fungus can decimate a species in such a short timespan.

Glynne

Established Member
Reaction score
We have a couple of beautiful and healthy trees adjacent to our garden, as in we get a lot of seedlings apearing every year.
I've often wondered whether there is any demand or where we could plant these as an effort to keep things going?

Latest posts