the art of giving...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
been very quiet on the forum lately but this has stirred me from my slumber: http://www.freecycle.org
rather than dumping what you don't want (or listing it on ebay) you could just give it away to someone who needs it! The site is based in America but there are UK groups too - the Brighton one seems quite big...is that because we're so generous here or because we have more unwanted stuff?
Perhaps we could adapt it for this forum and pass on unwanted L&N kit, for example, free of charge, because we love giving........ :wink

cheers
stewart

You stirred me into action, I used to be registered on that when there was only 1 group for the UK, but unsubscribed as it was never local enough. So... I've resubscribed to the Brighton group!

I'm impressed by how much its grown.

On a recycling note, any Brighton/Sussex members interested in my old copies of Furniture and Cabinet Making, and Good Woodworking? I must have a couple of years worth!

I'm having a bit of a clear out and trying to get rid of all my back copies.

Adam

:idea: As well as the above why not have a section on this forum where someone who has got an item that they do not use anymore, but is just a bit too expensive to give away, can swop it for an item that they do need?

Regards

Woody

I'd just post with SWOP in the subject line,

E.g.

SWOP old Stanley smoother for block plane in GC

Type thing? Maybe?

Adam

Adam":bqk7wp9w said:
On a recycling note, any Brighton/Sussex members interested in my old copies of Furniture and Cabinet Making, and Good Woodworking? I must have a couple of years worth!

Now found a new home.

Adam

Back