The Apprentice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Joined
12 Jan 2015
Messages
2,463
Reaction score
806
Location
Norn Iron
I watched this weeks episode last night and was gobsmacked to see they sold the tours at a fixed price without even knowing what their costs were going to be.

How could that possibly work ?
 

ian33a

Established Member
Joined
18 Mar 2021
Messages
235
Reaction score
257
Location
the centre of Devon
I watched this weeks episode last night and was gobsmacked to see they sold the tours at a fixed price without even knowing what their costs were going to be.

How could that possibly work ?

It can work quite well



... in about 1% of cases. For the other 99% it borders on car crash business methods.

I often wonder if the main and sub teams have limited telephone access to one another during the first day. We only seem to see them on the phone a couple of times. If they have a reasonable amount of contact you'd think that each would trade off each other and there would be some strategy in the planning. So, the costs of each activity, the wishes of the customer and the budget available would be common knowledge. The directors cut of each episode almost always portrays them internally squabbling and looking to be top dog. You'd think that the concept of team work was not allowed in The Apprentice - well, I would, anyway.
 

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Joined
12 Jan 2015
Messages
2,463
Reaction score
806
Location
Norn Iron
I was thinking that anyone going to Aston Martin shouldn't be expecting a cheap day.

I'd have offered a bronze, silver and gold package at suitable prices, maybe that wasn't allowed.
 

Fergie 307

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2019
Messages
1,119
Reaction score
547
Location
Sandy Bedfordshire
Gave up watching it years ago. Used to be quite interesting. Now they seem to pick at least half the candidates for comedy value more than anything else.
 

Terry - Somerset

Established Member
Joined
22 Dec 2012
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
638
Location
Taunton
The Apprentice, like most reality TV, started intelligently and since then has descended into lowest common denominator garbage in search of viewer numbers.

Contestants are clearly selected based on their capacity for their egotistical pantomime, not their business skills. Even a cursory examination of business plans, CV honesty, and claimed business success would show most to be very flawed.

The best one can say of the show is that if some people like it - great. To me it is cruel - mocking the inadequacies of those whose self confidence far exceeds their real ability. A bit like poking fun at the fat guy because he can't run very fast.
 
Top