The Acme space saver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I got fed up keep picking up the morticer from the floor and putting it up on my workmate...only to put it down again and replace it with the pillar drill...and then the sander!

I couldn't justify the floor real estate or cost to have them on separate stands and so came up with this. Not rocket science but useful.

spacesaver1.JPG

spacesaver2.JPG

The drill press and morticer are bolted down and back-to-back. The sander is removable but at least has a 'home' for when I need to use it. Most times it stays where it is in the picture.

The stand is from Screwfix.

The best solutions can be so simple!
Lots of glass in your workshop! Doesn't double as the greenhouse does it? :wink:

I had the same solution early last year.
I built this stand on castors so I can move it and turn it around to use the morticer or the drill press:

Stand.jpg

I bolted the tools on the top:

Drillpress1.jpg

The drawers give me vast storing space and I can park the stand in one corner of my workshop. I am really happy with it.

A nice solution there Roger. Boy, I am jealous opf all that glass in the workshop :shock:
I have no windows in my garage and would really like to have some natrual daylight in there

Tony":18hallz6 said:
I am jealous opf all that glass in the workshop :shock:
I have no windows in my garage and would really like to have some natrual daylight in there

At Last I have something that Tony wants.

DSC00406.jpg

Garage has roof lights above.

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

And Old workshop (major work going on on the lining and security front)
has a surplus of windows.

Sorry to hijack your thread Roger but could not resist.
I sympathize with the lack of room since someone took a liking to the contents of my old workshop and forced me temporarily into an alarmed garage.

Back