The A-Team

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Thrax

Established Member
Reaction score
As a kid it always amazed me how The A-Team could make an armoured car out of a toilet roll, a box of matches and a jar of stale olives or similar objects they managed to find in hedges but looking through the contents of my shed I've found a number of motors in full working order attached to 'budget' tools that have parted this life but left behind useable motors. There's a 90 watt, from a scrollsaw. A 350 watt from a bench drill, an 1100 watt from a mitre saw, a 125 watt from a bench sander and a 150 watt from a bench grinder....any ideas what I could use them for ? :)

With a couple of oil drums and a skate board you could make an amphibious car/submarine/helicopter just like the A Team !!!! :wink:

Bean

I used to have a bottle of Mr T car wax once (really). I wonder if it is still underneath the kitchen sink? I must go and have a look. :)

I've always fancied making a motorised Lazy Susan, big enough to sit in the front window and slowly rotate my latest Objet D'Art for the edification of the neighbourhood.

Cheers Steve

dave what about some motorised jigs now that might just top one or two jigs on this group. :p :p :p :p

Dave - The 90 watt unit could make a good paint mixer (Weld or rivett a rod with a paddle on it) I did this some years back & found it quite useful. Can't think of anything else but do let us know what you come up with

Back