The 2 x 4 Challenge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
Neil, why don't we extend the concept a little and say that our next competition should be one using materials that are commercially available for less than a fiver?

Perhaps Ainsley Harriot from Ready Steady Cook might agree to judge it!

:)

Gill (with tongue somewhat in cheek)

ADMIN NOTE: As the 2 x 4 challenge was taking on a life of it's own the thread has been split.

Hi Gill

Gill":1taifw8x said:
Neil, why don't we extend the concept a little and say that our next competition should be one using materials that are commercially available for less than a fiver?

Perhaps Ainsley Harriot from Ready Steady Cook might agree to judge it!

:)

Gill (with tongue somewhat in cheek)

I had been thinking along the lines of possibly limiting a future competition to what can be produced from a single board with maximum dimensions of 1" x 6" x 8' or 25 x 140 x 2.4

Is there any room in the bunker?

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":1eshxetw said:
I had been thinking along the lines of possibly limiting a future competition to what can be produced from a single board with maximum dimensions of 1" x 6" x 8' or 25 x 140 x 2.4
Funnily enough I was thinking about a 2x4 challenge...

Cheers, Alf

I like the 2x4 competitions. Trouble is that there have been so many great entries for these that I know already I can't compete :cry:

How about a change of format to something quite different like 12"x12"x2" or somesuch? This would provide scope for carvers, scrollsawyers and resawyers, box makers and woodburners.

2 x 4 challenge-sounds like something that happens on your way home from the pub.......... :lol:
Cheers
NotSoFunnyPhilly :lol:

Latest posts

Back