That's some tool box!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shucks! I didn't see or record the rest of the show :(.
Thanks though - I was very curious. It'd have to be worth a lot more than that for me to get rid of something like that.
Cheers
Gidon

Gidon,

Bless you! I only caught the very end of it and cursed my luck. My only worry is every Tom, Dick and Harry will now have an inflated idea of what their tools are worth. The expert muttered something like "Moulding planes don't fetch the £30 prices they used to" at one point - did they ever?! :shock: Lovely tool chest though.

Cheers, Alf

Aha, that's reminded me of something I've been wondering about for ages...
Do you think it's still possible to get one of those name stamps made up. I've got a few of my great-grandfathers tools and I love the fact that they've got his name stamped into them. It's one of the reasons I can justify buying some quite expensive hand tools knowing that they'll be passed down the line.
I wonder where you could find someone who makes them?
Andy

Glad you enjoyed Alf. Having spent the last two days making a fitted desk and shelving for the in-laws - and spending almost that long collecting all my tools together (!) I love the idea of carpenters of old having everything they needed / owned in a just-about-luggable box. I can barely fit a hammer and saw in the Stanley thing I have!

Cheers

Gidon

I still have my name stamp, which I used to mark all my tools in my day's as a joiner/ shop fitter.

If my memory is right, I had it made in 1960, in the good old day's ( Ha Ha) before power tools became the norm (not the yankee one) the only power tool I used was a big Black & decker no hammer drills either with (in those times) a big 3/8 chuck, I still have my carpenters ratchet brace, I used that quite a lot for putting holes in timber and the final turn for heavy woodscrews

In those days I worked for 7 shillings an hour and a 45 hour week

A 9 hour day meant 9 hours hard graft

Latest posts

Back