That Kreg Jigs Done it Again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd continue this weekend with the tool storage for the WS, this time it is above the bench that needs addressing. as you can see its a bit of a mess.
I only wis I had the skill to put something together like Chris is doing for his tools, but alas this is not to be,,hey you never know withpractice anything is possible.

Bench-Cupboards-001.jpg

After I have moved all the electrics and re-positioned , all in line with Part P I might add, I knocked together the carcase for the cupboards, these three are intended to hold the planes, saws etc.

Bench-Cupboards-002.jpg

I added another smaller cuoboard on the end to take all the fixings I've accumulated, keeps them all together.
I haven't yet put the doors on the cupboard inthe middle, need some more offcuts to complete the project.

Bench-Cupboards-003.jpg

Now you can see my small collection of planes, not as many as the other two Woodkateers intimate I have.

Bench-Cupboards-004.jpg

Oh and one or two more of the smaller ones.

Bench-Cupboards-007.jpg

Bench-Cupboards-006.jpg

Don't really have anything to go in this one apart from boxed chesils , forstner and spur bits.

This is good because with plenty of extra space I have an excuse to add the odd tools or two.

Again all put together with the Kreg Jig, anyone toing and froing over whether to get the Kreg jig or a derivative of, then don't hesitate. You may think you'll only use it accassionally, but once you have it you'#d be surprosed at how useful it becomes.

It looks great Waka and you made it 50 times as fast as I am going at present! Your small collection of, ahem, 14 planes looks very distinguished too and the spokeshave category is coming along nicely I see.

Nice work, Waka!
Looks very smart. And a little room for expansion-how fortunate..... :wink: :lol:
Cheers
Philly :D

Waka,

I have just looked at my shop, any chance of you popping round and sorting out my tool storage? I do have a kreg you can use. :roll:

Once again nice work, showing some of us up quite badly. :x :wink:

Ah the irony; a veritable advert for Rob Cosman's dovetailing DVDs, judging by the tool choices, but put together with screws. Oh, Waka, the whole excuse for posh workshop fittings is "practice for the proper furniture, dear". You're undermining us all, here. :roll: #-o

Flippin' posh, though. Wanna nice Cornish holiday while you do mine...? :wink: :D

Cheers, Alf

Ahhh one of those :lol:
Prefer to use biscuits myself but it looks like its done your job very well .
Nice workshop ! I may have to redesign mine if im going to stay on this forum :D

JFC":fphmwu0f said:
Nice workshop ! I may have to redesign mine if im going to stay on this forum :D

The more I see,the more I think I need to extend mine (somehow,it seemed quite big when it was empty :wink: )

Just extended mine with a policarbonate roof to make a build area 20ft x8ft and a 20ft x 4ft timber store along the side and ive still got no room . :lol:

Thanks for that,makes me feel sooo much better... :cry:

Am currently thinking of getting a shed to store timber in,to make more space in the workshop.

But I'd only find something else to put in it (hmm,bench morticer,thinks me :shock: )

Andrew

Spur shelving system makes a great timber rack if thats any help .

Nice tool storage case, 14 planes :shock: and room to expand :wink: Very nice indeed :D

Very nice, Waka.

Neat and orderly - the way I like it. This has given me some good ideas, although, my plane collection has some way to go.

Cheers,

Howard

Thanks for the vote of confidence folks. next project starts on Wednesday, and you'll be pleased to know its not a cupboard.

When I built these I didn't realise I'd left room for tool expansion, although I've already been on the phone to His Philness talking about LV's, now how much space do I have :D :D :D

All you folks needing tool storage must get inthe queue, my list of things to make is about 2 years long.

Hiya Waka.....how did you go about hanging it on the wall, if you don't mind me asking?

SimonA

SimonA":3aw1gtws said:
Hiya Waka.....how did you go about hanging it on the wall, if you don't mind me asking?

SimonA

Simon

I just use 2" screws through the wall battens, I also put some brackets underneath for added support. It seems to be strong enough.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back