Thanks Popular Woodworking!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike B

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just have to say a big "thank you" to Popular Woodworking for the great way in which they remedied my (and others?) recent lack of magazines, despite my subscription having plenty of time left.

I had received nothing since the Sept/Oct issue and so a quick call put me in contact with a very helpful lady (Debbie) who said that she would send out the missed issues straight away and that hopefully this will not recur in 2006 due to a new courier being used for overseas subscriptions.

4 days later a DHL man is at the door with the 3 missing issues so I now have plenty of catching up to do!!

Just a shame every company does not have the same impeccable customer service standards as Popular Woodworking, Lee Valley, Brimarc, and one or two others. It certainly makes a difference.

Cheers
Mike

I buy american woodworking mags myself. My local newsagent has just started stocking Fine Woodworking again after about a year of not having it. I also buy American Woodworker which is another mag I like. Always a good read, so much better than some of the british mags which on the most part have too simple projects in. There`s a coffee table project in this years Jan/Feb Fine Woodworking that I intend to build after I`ve built my latest project, a long case clock.

Mike
Glad they are getting themselves sorted out-I love the mag but the post service is awful.
Bob
Is that the mahogany, 50's style table?? I like it!
Philly :D

MikeB":3uuur2pw said:
ust a shame every company does not have the same impeccable customer service standards as Popular Woodworking,

Nice to be so positive about them Mike but if you look around the forum you will see that there are a lot of gripes about PWW subs. Sure they sort out the problem but I don't hold it up as a high standard of customer service if you have to contact them for every missed delivery - which in my case has been EVERY one since I took out my sub.

In contrast GWW doesn't get mentioned because their subs arrive on time every month - although Philly's smiling mug has yet to appear at my letter box (could be a good thing :wink: )

Cheers

Tim

tim":2mkdwx2l said:
In contrast GWW doesn't get mentioned because their subs arrive on time every month - although Philly's smiling mug has yet to appear at my letter box (could be a good thing :wink: )

I thought it was just me who thought that. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":1u5bwzag said:
tim":1u5bwzag said:

I thought it was just me who thought that. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

No, Neil, it seems to be everyone but my Mum :lol:
GoodLookingPhilly (homer)

Philly, yes thats the table. I`m waiting for my order of American Cherry from SLH for my long case clock project, I`ll order some more and use whats left over for that table. Shaping those curved legs should be interesting.

i went in to smiths for a copy of f&c and noticed a little girl hiding behind her mum and crying she was pointing to a copy with philly on it ,i picked up the mag and went to pay for them .i counted 25 waiting to be served so i put the mags down and left the shop (did i do the right thing i mean by removing the magazine away from the child ) :D :D :D

frank

who will have to find another shop for his mags

tim i got decembers 2005 on the 16 jan 2006,its very rare if you get it before the month on the cover ,i do have fww for feb that came in december .ive only got till oct 07 before my subs runout :roll: :roll:

frank

frank":2qncfs4o said:
i went in to smiths for a copy of f&c and noticed a little girl hiding behind her mum and crying she was pointing to a copy with philly on it ,i picked up the mag and went to pay for them .i counted 25 waiting to be served so i put the mags down and left the shop (did i do the right thing i mean by removing the magazine away from the child ) :D :D :D

frank

who will have to find another shop for his mags
Careful Frank, I have Mod powers now! :wink: :lol:

Think you did the right thing though-what a terrible picture :oops:
Philly :D
Considering a touch of plastic surgery

frank":2kg0kkka said:
its very rare if you get it before the month on the cover

Its b***dy rare to get it the month of the cover date or even the month after as well!

Cheers

Tim

Tim and Others

I was aware of the current situation regarding receipt of new magazines and apologise if my comments did not convey this.

What I was trying to highlight was what I saw as a positive change at Popular Woodworking which will (fingers crossed) hopefully benefit everyone concerned.

I also thought it a nice touch that they made the effort to use a carrier instead of simply putting my missing copies in the post...

Cheers
Mike

Mike

Every time I tell them about a missed delivery they are as nice as pie and put a copy into the post as airmail. They also used a carrier for two issues mid last year for me (unprompted). I have no gripe with their customer complaint/ missed delivery service - just amazes me that they can't get the basics right.

Cheers

Tim

come on guys, they are american, they can't get the basics alright, because they don't understand what an export market is.

even at its best, america only ever exports less than 10 % GDP,
so they never really understand it.

must say that the tool issue is very good, my local borders had a copy.

paul :wink:

Come on Paul, bit of a generalisation? Considering plenty of companies in the UK have problems "exporting" goods 50 miles up the road the level of service and expediency that I've received from suppliers from the US has been, and no doubt will continue to be, exemplary.
Think PWW have been locked in to a contract with a distributor who have not exactly been efficient. The good news is that things will change over the next month or two, as far as I'm aware.

Noel

Back