Thanks, Philly

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evergreen

Established Member
Reaction score
Philly

I’ve just got back from the Big Bash (with the T shirt to prove it) and wanted to say thanks for the great time that I had. It was a privilege to be in the workshop of someone who owns the entire contents of the Lie-Nielsen and Veritas catalogues - as a minor part of his tool collection!

I'm also now keen to have a go at houndstooth dovetails using a hand sharpened saw, thanks to the demos by Tony and Alf.

It was also great to meet other forum members who will now be more than just usernames. So Philly, thanks again for the hospitality and the generosity of spirit in making an event like this happen.

Regards.

Woweeee! :shock: :D

Philly and SWBO thanks for opening your house to us all.

It was great to meet all the folks.

The demos were great!

Appreciated.

Philly a great day I have a feeling this could become a regular event. The number of folk was just about right. When I got home I did my first serious saw sharpening and it worked a treat , thanks to Alf. One again thanks for making us welcome, and your charming daughter was so well behaved.

Newt I hope you did Alf's virtual demo and did not do anything you will regret in the morning???
Barry
ps the black art is now understandable - thanks Alf

Philly,
Many thanks for a great day, very enjoyable and nice to meet the gang and put more faces to names.
Also well done for the most outrageous all time in yer face gloat with that sodding great thicknesser conveniently arriving complete with assembly crew! have you absolutely no shame at all?? :lol: :lol:
Best regards and thanks to Mrs Philly and Daddies Aprentice!
Martin

hi philly just arrived back in london, having stopped off at friends in
southampton.
sorry i was late for the bash, but it was worth it. to meet so many
people, the cream tea, and the tool lessons.

nice to know i have got some things right, and was able to learn
so much more.

you may have created a millstone for youself by having an event that
was just right for us all. so what same time next year? or was that
next week?? :twisted:

thank swmbo for enduring us lot.

all the best
paul :wink:

:D Thanks for a great day Philliy and to your beter half it was good to meet all the members that were there I'm sorry I had to leave early( page call from work) and thanks to lynx for the veneers.

Martyn

top day philly well worth the long drive (5 hours), great to meet all the forum members, but funny watching them start on the slope without even realising it you are a bad influence :twisted:

Same time next year :D

Tom

Philly,

Well done in getting this idea through to completion. :D
Great day even when I had to leave early. :(
Many thanks to you and SWMBO for the hospitality shown to all of us woodies who descended on your until then quiet street. (Are there many For Sale boards going up?)

I have unloaded ~100 pictures from the camera and will be sorting, resizing and uploading to the net later today. 8) Bribes to withhold pictures should of course be tool vouchers to help with an every growing problem. :whistle:
As I have said before:

My name is Dave and I can stop using tools any time I want. 8-[ [-(

Just so. And again thanks, Philly. Also to everyone else - a more frendly helpful bunch would be hard to find!
regards to all, Ivan

DaveL":2irvr3kz said:
Bribes to withhold pictures should of course be tool vouchers to help with an every growing problem. :whistle:
Okay Dave, how much? Will you take tools in trade and cut out the middle man...? 8-[

Well a big THANK YOU to Phil, his apprentice and, most importantly, His Better Half who is a SAINT to have put up with a whole gang of thirsty, hungry woodworkers like that. A round of applause seems in order. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Never spent a whole day in a tool shop before... :shock: :D

And many thanks to folks for making do with version 1.0. (erm, well more like the Beta version, if I'm honest :oops:) of Saw Sharpening for the Wisely Reluctant. Did I in fact call fleam rake and vice versa as, at around 2am this morning, I feared I had...? Well thanks for not pointing at me and laughing if I did - it's appreciated. ](*,) After the first couple of hours my ears and eyes were wired directly to my mouth without my brain intervening, so if I subsequently say "I never said that!", just don't be surprised... :roll: :lol:

Anyway, that bearly scratches the surface of things I should/want to say, but I'm pooped, so later. And to anyone who asked a sensible question and I answered in forum mode with "there's a link..." - well remind me what it was you were asking, would you? I knew I'd forget by the time I got to this point. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Who never got a moment to get the camera out, never mind actually take a picture. #-o

I sent my thanks to Philly on the main thread but would it not be great to follow Philly's example and the people who attended send in a couple of shots of their workshops. I saw many going through Philly drawers - his plane collection is better than any store I have seen - I don't even own one yet!!
Barry

Ladies and Gents!
It was my pleasure-my thanks go out to all of you who could make it. Thanks for making it such a great day =D>
I hope I didn't send too many of you off down the slope :lol:
Looking forward to Big Bash 2007 :wink:
Phil :D

There might be one or two left-PM me.
I also have a few more "iron-on " UK Workshop transfers if you want to customise your own t-shirt or baseball cap.
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly
Sorry I am a bit late to add my thanks for a great day I had a great time
and special thanks to your better half for putting up with us,
I can only echo the comments and thanks to all who made this a special occasion,

Nigel

It's very obvious a good time was had by all. By the sounds of it I think my bank balance will be a lot better off for not being able to make it :lol:

Andy

Philly":1plknrxy said:
There might be one or two left-PM me.
I also have a few more "iron-on " UK Workshop transfers if you want to customise your own t-shirt or baseball cap.
Cheers
Philly :D

Ahh, but none can match mine with the lovely blood splattered logo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thankfully it was only ink this time :oops:

Back