Thanks guys, I have just got my free tv license

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aboottarren":wdrgcjld said:
.... I feel for you guys, having to pay TV licence fees,these fees here in Australia were abolished 40 years ago ............

Do you get programmes without the blight of advertisements?

Hi Benchwayze,i'll let you into a secret (i'm an expat from Leeds (1960s)and I have loved Australia from the day I set foot in Fremantle and have never had one minute of homesickness in over 40 years,yes the beer is icy cold but that is what we need over here especially in Summer...we have had a temperature today in Adelaide of 39.4 deg(103.8)Fah and the forecast for all the next 7 days is between 31 and 36 degrees so warm beer is just no good. and also Adelaide is the most southerly of all the capital cities and also the driest state is South Australia......I live in a retirement village here and we have recently had a workshop built and I am one of only two joiners that live here so I can have a ball with all new machinery etc.......for anyone reading this forum,when I served my apprenticeship in Leeds it was with William Nicholsons on Sheaf street (off Hunslet Road) in Leeds...would like to hear from anyone who has worked there.

RogerP":3s5oowxx said:
Aboottarren":3s5oowxx said:
.... I feel for you guys, having to pay TV licence fees,these fees here in Australia were abolished 40 years ago ............

Do you get programmes without the blight of advertisements?

Yes we get bombarded with stupid adverts (except ABC & BBC) sometimes for as long as seven minutes then 4 minutes program and another 7 minutes of adverts.but as I remarked earlier we do pretty good for sports on free to air TV, to have Foxtel over here with EVERY channel I believe it costs about $60 a month,...how does this cost compare with the UK???.

Aboottarren":sg878i17 said:
Hi Benchwayze,i'll let you into a secret (i'm an expat from Leeds (1960s)and I have loved Australia from the day I set foot in Fremantle and have never had one minute of homesickness in over 40 years,yes the beer is icy cold but that is what we need over here especially in Summer...we have had a temperature today in Adelaide of 39.4 deg(103.8)Fah and the forecast for all the next 7 days is between 31 and 36 degrees so warm beer is just no good. and also Adelaide is the most southerly of all the capital cities and also the driest state is South Australia......

:lol: :lol:

No problem cobber! I don't mind cold drinks, but I have to say that for me, real beer, (as opposed to lager) has to be drunk at room temperature, or it goes flat! In which case I might as well drink wine!

Incidentally, I was in the Birmingham, 'Cobber's Club' myself, in 1971. I decided not to hand over our £20.00 because the job I was doing at the time, would have been the same as I would do in Victoria. To me that was just one long commute! So, 'we' decided not to go in the end. If you get my drift?

John :D

Hi and welcome. With Virgin media TV over here if we have all the channels it would cost about £60 per month! What really annoys me is they supply them in packages and all the channels you want are never in the same package! :roll: I don't know why they don't let you buy them per channel. I suppose then people wouldn't need so many channels so less money for them. I do really object to the TV licence though as it only covers the BBC and the cr*p they show now. :evil:

My Virgin Media bill is about £60 a month. That covers all the TV channels, 20mb broadband and all phone calls (except to mobiles or international) plus caller-display and anonymous caller rejection. Neither my wife or I have mobile contracts and rarely use our pay-as-you-go "emergency" mobiles so the £60 covers all our phone/broadband/TV needs. I'm quite happy with that.

Back