Thanks from Good Wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Gibbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone at the Forum and beyond for their tributes to Pete Martin, some of which are published in the latest issue of the mag. He is proving very hard to replace, just as we all expected. It's extraordinary, though not really surprising, how many of the letters we receive include a mention of Pete's enthusiasm and generosity.

We are just beginning to consider ways to remember Pete's contribution, and would welcome any suggestions. I have some of my own ideas, but would be interested to hear from other woodworkers.

Thanks

Nick

How about commissioning something made from wood, to be sited somewhere where everyone can see it - a country park, park, national trust property etc....

Alternatively, sponsering a prize at the Axminster show (or similar) for the maker showing a trait you particularly want remembered - enthusiasm, quality of work etc etc.

Or you could sponser someone for a year/project on one of the well known furniture making colleges.

You could pay for a "benchspace" for a few months/year to get someone started. I see plenty of adverts offering space in communal workshops.

Just a few thoughts.

Adam

Nick,

Back in July 2003, on the other forum*, Pete mentioned, and I quote:
A GW website was very dear to my heart
I merely toss that into the pot 'cos it stuck in my mind when the GWW one disappeared again.

Cheers, Alf

*Don't click on the link unless you want to read all the same complaints but 2 years older, btw. :wink:

I think the above mentioned ideas are great. The only thing that sprung into my mind was a reader competition, yearly, in pete's name. Maybe a commemoritve plaque which is handed round each year.

Latest posts

Back