thanks everyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
hi just want to say my scroll saw come tuesday still in box, bit scared of useing it , bin on net for wks looking at differant things, this site is top an very helpful

hi fiddler , its still in box ,got to sort something out to put it on ?? i just finisheed nite shift, of now till tuesday hopeing i will be able to have a good , this scrolling saw thing has took over all my spare time ,love seeing what people have done , its fab , just hope in time i will be able to do something has good :)
aw thanks for asking , hope you are well. any tips lol

Well, I've achieved nothing of note since I got the scroll saw. I sometimes draw a wiggly line on a piece of scrap wood and try and follow it with the blade; a tedious way of making kindling :lol: I have a plans to build an electric mandolin and a guitar, but my woodworking skills are less than basic so I need to practice on small projects first.

I stand my saw on top of an old sideboard, maybe you could find a piece of old furniture to stand yours on!

It all takes time but you will arrive. May I suggest that you have a look at one of John Nelson's book "Scroll Saw Workshop" -I think. It has graded exercises and you actually make something. I was on my own learning to cut and I found this book very useful and get a good set of blades, the saw does not matter. You can always cut by hand.

ordered the book thanks, but its looking like i may have to throw towel in , cant even change blade clamp things :(

Just bear with me, as I get easily confused, but would not the Hegner clamps fit. I am sure I read on here something about that. Mind you thats more money again.

Forget what I've just said, I've written rubbish. Just a thought, take the clamps to a garage, one man band type, talk nice to them and see if they have any ideas. I have done this with somethings and you may be surprised.

aww thanks clockie, good idea if i cant manage to do it in next couple of days i will do that, :) having one last go this wk end , thanks for taking time to comment :)

Back