Thanks CHJ

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I read the posting by CHJ on the router lift and was impressed, so impressed that I used it on the new router table I am building. I modified it so i can adjust the height from above the table too and thought you might like to see the results.
dscs00142yw.jpg

Nice job so far. Can you explain how it works and add a link to the post you mentioned.

LyNx

Glad the idea was of some help mailee. Currently using it in my workbench come router table, like your improvement with the above table adjustment, have the mod. on the 'toit' list for next time I can drag myself away from the turning workshop.

LyNx":2c31ekwu said:
Nice job so far. Can you explain how it works and add a link to the post you mentioned.

LyNx

To save mailee, Here it is

Hi Lynx, here are some more pics of the mechanics of the thing. CHJ who's idea it was has posted the link above. All it consists of is a mechanism like the plunge bar sold comercially and this just sits on an 'L' shaped piece of wood which in turn is attached to a threaded rod with a nut umbedded into it. Maybe these pics will help to show the mechanics of it.
outoftable1bp.jpg

Well I have almost finished the new router table. Just needs some paint and catches for the doors. Here are a few pics of it.
inallitsglory3px.jpg
[/img]

In this view you can see the dust extraction for the fence and below it on the casing the 100mm dust extraction for the router. The removable panel is sealed with silicone. You will also see the crank handle that gives me fine adjustment of the fence once it is slid into position. Also a good place to hang the fine height adjuster crank handle too.
adjustablerearfence5cy.jpg
[/img]

I just couldn't resist trying some of my cutters in it for size. Can't wait to start using it now. Not bad for an outlay of around £100 is it?
couldntresistit4zp.jpg
[/img]

Do excuse the state of the shop as I have been busy. :? Now I am about finished I can have a good clean up again. Ready for the next mess. :wink:

Mailee,

You have made a very nice job of that table. :D
I am glad to see someone else who uses a "Jo Jo" for mains distribution in the shop, the sockets are never in the right place are they? :roll:
You might need to put some vent holes in the door where router is to increase the air flow to keep the tailed devil cool. 8)
You have set yourself a high standard to follow, lets see just how useful that table is. \:D/

Hi Dave, yes you are right there are never enough sockets are there? I put eight in the shop when I built it but still need more. One or two of them are out of reach at the moment due to the state of the shop. i have just finished building it and still need to make shelves, cupboards, ETC. I have two of the Jo Jo reels that I often use when I do jobs on site and they come in handy in the workshop. I never thought of the cooling for the router and will put some holes in the casing for it, thanks. I have a set of garage doors to build next and then a computer desk so I shall be getting some use out of it for sure. Then I must insulate the shop and fit some more benches and storage before winter sets in. I can see it being rather cold in the winter in there and it looks like I am going to be busy through the winter months too. :D

Back