Quantcast

Thanks and likes?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

sunnybob

be afraid, be very afraid
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
11 Oct 2014
Messages
8,378
Reaction score
140
Location
cyprus
Just been reminded that thanks and likes used to be next to our names on each post.
Now although the practice still goes on, I cant find them at all anywhere. (hammer) 8)
gis a clue nev.
 

nev

Established Member
Joined
21 Jan 2011
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
10
Location
The green and wetter end of the M4.
One of the things we lost when the new layout was adopted unfortunately Bob.
We now only see the likes and thanks on the individual post that has been liked and thanked.
 

AndyT

Established Member
Joined
24 Jul 2007
Messages
11,826
Reaction score
211
Location
Bristol
There's one little remnant of it left: if you click on a user's name to show their full profile (not their picture, which shows a mini profile) there's a summary of Thanks given and received, right down at the end. I'm not sure if it's accurate or not. It's missing if I look at your profile Bob, but visible for Nev. I can't see my own.
 

sunnybob

be afraid, be very afraid
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
11 Oct 2014
Messages
8,378
Reaction score
140
Location
cyprus
Mystery solved, nobody mentioned communism. :shock: :lol: :lol:
ta.
 

Phil Pascoe

occasional purveyor of blunt tools.
UKW Supporter
Joined
29 Jan 2012
Messages
19,032
Reaction score
230
Location
Shaft City, Mid Cornish Desert
AndyT":ojuykmou said:
There's one little remnant of it left: if you click on a user's name to show their full profile (not their picture, which shows a mini profile) there's a summary of Thanks given and received, right down at the end. I'm not sure if it's accurate or not. It's missing if I look at your profile Bob, but visible for Nev. I can't see my own.
I raised this a while back and no one could give me an answer. I can see some peoples' but not mine....... or yours or Bob's. I can see Nev's. :?
 

Phil Pascoe

occasional purveyor of blunt tools.
UKW Supporter
Joined
29 Jan 2012
Messages
19,032
Reaction score
230
Location
Shaft City, Mid Cornish Desert
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 268 times

I can see yours. :D There doesn't appear to be any logic or reason in whose are there and whose aren't.
 

nev

Established Member
Joined
21 Jan 2011
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
10
Location
The green and wetter end of the M4.
phil.p":1fduy31y said:
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 268 times

I can see yours. :D There doesn't appear to be any logic or reason in whose are there and whose aren't.
Quite right Phil. I can find no settings anywhere for switching the function (e.g. show thanks etc) on or off and to make it even more confusing some can see some that others can't. I cannot see Andy's for example but can see mine and Lurkers. I will make a note for Charley to investigate but I wouldnt hold your breath.
 

sunnybob

be afraid, be very afraid
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
11 Oct 2014
Messages
8,378
Reaction score
140
Location
cyprus
lurker":2bxmns4h said:
Is your inner teenager feeling a bit insecure, Bob?
I was never a teenager, even when i was a teenager. I just like things to be accurate and in their place. Someone thanked me ( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ) but I couldnt find where that was stored.
On other web forums, that info is easily available to the person concerned.

Sleep...., lost....., zero.
8) 8)
 

Phil Pascoe

occasional purveyor of blunt tools.
UKW Supporter
Joined
29 Jan 2012
Messages
19,032
Reaction score
230
Location
Shaft City, Mid Cornish Desert
It was useful when the thanks were all listed, as sometimes someone would thank you a year or more after the post and you could look back and occasionally add more or newer information to it.
 

AndyT

Established Member
Joined
24 Jul 2007
Messages
11,826
Reaction score
211
Location
Bristol
phil.p":3shqdptd said:
It was useful when the thanks were all listed, as sometimes someone would thank you a year or more after the post and you could look back and occasionally add more or newer information to it.
Phil, try going to the User Control Panel, Board Preferences then Edit Global Settings. You can opt in to get a PM or email if someone thanks you. The message includes a link to the post they thanked you for.

I can't see an equivalent for someone just liking your post though.
 

Latest posts

Top