Thank you

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andycase

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Just wanted to say a thank you to everyone that replied to my last post "disheartened".
I went out today, adapted my crosscut sled to do mitres as well. Bought a cheap 45 square and adjusted my blade exact.

Got 1 length of redwood from a friend, and now have perfect mitres and the beginnings of a small 11" jewellery box

Also thank you to Alan at Hudson who is kindly giving me some off cuts to practice my dovetails and mitres.

It's amazing how for a beginner like myself just having a little success and cutting perfect mitres can boost your spirits. I'm still going to make a shooting board and a "donkeys ear" attachment, but for now the table saw is working perfectly again

There are some useful shooting board plans on the Lie Nielsen downloads section of their website. Luckily, you don't need to buy their shooting board plane to download them!

Consider making one of this type shooting board. I wouldn't be without - especially for making boxes as it will do very long mitred edges.

Roger,

I am glad you posted that-I have seen the LN plans, and photos of members shooting boards based on your link. Any advantages of over the other? I haven't actually seen pictures of anybody using the LN version.

Mark

Mark,

I've not had much experience of the others as I settled on this design years ago. For me the big advantages are that it can be set up to be extremely accurate, has an easily adjusted sacrificial piece and will cope with very large board sizes. For the stuff I do it's about ideal.

Back