Thank you

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to thank everyone for not posting endless political posts on a woodworking forum. It would be very easy to post here rather than a political group. Thankfully your all adult enough to see it's a woodworking forum.
It would be awful to open the new threads and realise the first 7 are political rants and fallouts.
Imagine it was like that and then someone started the same topic yet again, we'd all think he was a right wally.
The thing is- it's MUCH more interesting comparing/contrasting opinion/information with the assorted crowd of opinionated a-holes on here than most other places. As long as they don't lose their rags that is, but even that can be entertaining.
It's precisely because it IS a woodwork group and hence very politically diverse, which makes it so interesting.

I'd like to thank everyone for not posting endless political posts on a woodworking forum. It would be very easy to post here rather than a political group. Thankfully your all adult enough to see it's a woodworking forum.
It would be awful to open the new threads and realise the first 7 are political rants and fallouts.
Imagine it was like that and then someone started the same topic yet again, we'd all think he was a right wally.

In the forum specifically marked as non woodworking? There are other examples, this for instance: Humerous posts

;)

Is that like colecovision? Activision? Sounds like video games.

Just in case you really don't know what Eurovision is, it's a yearly song competition with the all the "member" states, and is as dull as it sounds. We've not won for 30+ years to my recollection (since Bucks Fizz's "Making your mind up"), as the voting is just as much politically motivated BS as the EU parliament.

A few years back a trans man dressed as a woman, while having a full beard, won - singing was good has to be said, but I think the beard swung it for her.

I recall Ireland won it back to back mid 80's with the SAME SONG (Hold me now), by the same artist.

I, in fact, didn't know what it was, but it's unlikely to get televised here. Google could've made me smart about it in 10 seconds, but I didn't go to look it up.

WE have the same thing here with competitions - they should just add virtue or "golly ghee" points in the official score.

Believing it should all have gone swimmingly from day 1 without any adjustment problems, considering the size and scope of the endeavour is both disingenuous and childish

I agree, it is childish how John Redwood claimed on Jan 1st "there is no chaos at the port of Dover".

I recall Ireland won it back to back mid 80's with the SAME SONG (Hold me now), by the same artist.

Also hosted by the national broadcaster at public cost!

Ireland has won many times, i think in the '90s we won twice in a row? So many times that there had to be a concerted national effort to find a song so bad someone else would win. (The winning country gets to host the show the next year. The show costs a fortune to host! )

As regards the bearded lady, I think the Israeli national broadcaster thought 'ha ha no way this person has a chance of winning! We're safe for another year!' LOL

The weirdest thing about Eurovision is that Australia participates, which I suppose is obvious since it's very close to Europe in terms of the universe as a whole.

Back