Thank you

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeye

Established Member
Reaction score
I know we all don't see eye to eye on this Brexit malarkey.
But, credit where it's due, the Brexiters have been very dignified in the way they have refrained from rubbing us Remainers' noses in all the benefits we're experiencing.
I wouldn't have been able to resist, but I guess they're so obvious it'd be too easy.
Anyway, thanks for being kind about it.

Banter aside, at least the NHS will be getting that £350m a week extra.

What with the virus and all that, the money couldn't have come at a better time.

Yes. I'm enormously pleased.
I've also been consistently impressed by the honesty, integrity, selflessness and impressively high calibre of those who've worked so tirelessly to get us to where we are already, after only four years is it?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Research_Grouphttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arron_Bankshttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Putin
Don't forget Dyson - he was a big fan. I'd thank him in person but he's living in Singapore now.

I'd like to thank everyone for not posting endless political posts on a woodworking forum. It would be very easy to post here rather than a political group. Thankfully your all adult enough to see it's a woodworking forum.
It would be awful to open the new threads and realise the first 7 are political rants and fallouts.
Imagine it was like that and then someone started the same topic yet again, we'd all think he was a right wally.

I'd like to thank everyone for not posting endless political posts on a woodworking forum. It would be very easy to post here rather than a political group. Thankfully your all adult enough to see it's a woodworking forum.
It would be awful to open the new threads and realise the first 7 are political rants and fallouts.
Imagine it was like that and then someone started the same topic yet again, we'd all think he was a right wally.
1610543155400.png

You know - it's going to be hard not to treat remainers with disdain, first you try your damndest to overturn a democratic vote, and now take almost every opportunity to try to shout "I told you so" from the rooftops less than 2 weeks after the the agreements have been put into action, when they ink was barely dry on the agreement in the first place!

Believing it should all have gone swimmingly from day 1 without any adjustment problems, considering the size and scope of the endeavour is both disingenuous and childish - most brexiteers knew this was going to be a GENERATIONAL benefit, not an immediate one, so you do not get to judge us; only those who come after, once the EU either evolves into a single nation (like the USSR and look how that went) or tears itself apart, will have the right to judge us.

If you do not beleive that to be true - then you didn't understand the referendum question and all it's implications in the first place and voted based on that wrong understanding, so try not to pat yourselves on the back too hard eh?

Oh and if the EU really was our "friend" they would be trying to help us transition as smoothly as possible to reduce friction on THIER SIDE, but they are not, are they. What say you to that hmm?

Last edited:
pcb - most people on forums can't control themselves, and wish to blame it on others. More than once, I've received feedback on american forums from members who I'm guessing carry a purse that I should stop posting because they're tired of reading my posts.

When I ask them why they read them if they don't like them, the follow-up answer is always dumb. "I shouldn't have to avoid them, so you shouldn't post".

On this subforum, I think you could identify most threads with titles, and if not, within the first line and move on. Do these same people call their TV providers and complain about channels they don't like and state that nobody else should be able to have them either, because it's inconvenient to change from them?

Not only that, I wonder why on a topical site, someone would expect the "Off Topic" subforum to stick to the topical matter.

You know - it's going to be hard not to treat remainers with disdain, first you try your damndest to overturn a democratic vote, and now take almost every opportunity to try to shout "I told you so" from the rooftops less than 2 weeks after the the agreements have been put into action, when they ink was barely dry on the agreement in the first place!

You can choose to torture yourself or choose not to. One of the reasons that I went independent (politically) a decade and half or more ago is because I realized I would rather be friends with people I don't agree with than try to make excuses why only I could be right and they're not worth having with friends. It's worked out well. You should try it.

Banter aside, at least the NHS will be getting that £350m a week extra.

What with the virus and all that, the money couldn't have come at a better time.
As usual, it's much more complicated. The person who made this vid appears to have read the small print (and lived to tell the tale) and suggests that uk cash will flow to the EU until 2066 or thereabouts...

I thought this thread was tongue-in-cheek?

pcb - most people on forums can't control themselves, and wish to blame it on others. More than once, I've received feedback on american forums from members who I'm guessing carry a purse that I should stop posting because they're tired of reading my posts.

When I ask them why they read them if they don't like them, the follow-up answer is always dumb. "I shouldn't have to avoid them, so you shouldn't post".

On this subforum, I think you could identify most threads with titles, and if not, within the first line and move on. Do these same people call their TV providers and complain about channels they don't like and state that nobody else should be able to have them either, because it's inconvenient to change from them?

Not only that, I wonder why on a topical site, someone would expect the "Off Topic" subforum to stick to the topical matter.
Public Service message for British-English (or maybe now, more sensitive to the zeitgeist, English-English) readers: "Carry a purse" = "use a handbag"

Shall I start an OT thread entitled "lockdown has not affected my mental health one bit..."?:p

You can choose to torture yourself or choose not to. One of the reasons that I went independent (politically) a decade and half or more ago is because I realized I would rather be friends with people I don't agree with than try to make excuses why only I could be right and they're not worth having with friends. It's worked out well. You should try it.

Oh I'm not tortured over this - I think it's quite pathetic that remainers are still trying to get this overturned, on some misguided basis that the EU has been "nothing but nice to us these last years,they are our bestest, bestest friends" when only last month France threatend us with WAR and openly said they will ignore the fishing agreement.

UK - "Hey buddy, please stop crapping in my shoes".
Frog - "I'll do what I like rosbeef"
UK - "OK so here's an agreement to stop crapping in my shoes signed by your Dad"
Frog - "this is war".

yup great "friends".

(LOL the fact that France hasn't won a war against the UK since 1066 seems to have slipped thier memories (and that was more of an ambush than a war) - a few battles sure, war? No. Maybe they are due another spanking to remind them which country has the reputation for being a "cheese eating surrender monkey", and which one doesn't 😈 )

Last edited:
We like french jokes here in the states. I've found the french like them less!!

Can't disagree about overturning votes. I'd guess the folks you're talking about would be the most fervent about the misguided conservatives here, too, and not understand why they are the same.

My same thoughts as the election - win your ideology wars with legislative and judicial work. If someone has a point, it tends to actually work. Trying to change the rules after the game is over isn't that great, start a new game instead.

Back