Terrible confession

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I've made some weather stations (Barometer, thermometer, hygrometer, mounted on oak) for christmas presents.

But to mount the instruments, I used........ :oops:

no, I can't say it...... :cry:

HOT GLUE :!: :(

It seemed appropriate at the time. My wife was using the glue gun while making a Christmas swag. It just seemed so easy. I couldn't think of anything else.....

Can you all forgive me? What should my penance be :?:

:wink:

Whats up with hot melt?

I use it quite a lot. OK, I wouldn't use it for glueing joints together, but it does have its uses.

Like most things. If it works, use it.

Cheers
Doughnut

So what's wrong with stapling them like wot I normally do?

:shock: :D

I think a suitable penance would be a day as a customer advisor at B&Q.

Being a customer advisor is no penance at my b&q shed as you cant find the pippers.

I`d love to know where they all hide espacilly on Blue Rinse day (weds) or coffin dodgers day

:p You could drill a hole in the middle and mount with a wood screw....thats what my uncle keeps his toupee on with :wink:

Your such a forgiving lot.

My next project is a Chippendale style dresser........is wallpaper paste a good adhesive for chipboard :?:

:wink: :wink: :D

Wallpaper adhesive is fine as long as it is SOLVITE remember those overalls pasted to a board and the hoisted aloft by a crane :p
allways wondered if the man in the overalls mixed the paste :p
Cheers BTJ :lol:

My next project is a Chippendale style dresser

I thought Chippendales were undressers :wink:

I hope you'll give the project a nice, oiled finish.

Yours

Gill

It's got an old paint finish on it. I suppose that will need STRIPPING before oiling, right :lol:

Back