term explanation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEPPETTO

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
how a foreign for understanding I must translate in my own language. Over the years of navigation on here I have learned many terms which are become my own: when I speak with people with this wonderful interest I find me to speak with your english term without translate it in Italian language (I say: shoulder plane instead of "sponderuola" or plought plane instead of "incorsatoio") .This is because I'm like a young child who learns his mother language :lol: . My brain was empty :lol: .

Some times I seen the term "Woodrat" which I thought it was the electric router. Do I be right or no?

Coming back to the first statement I have to say that this passion for wood which I pass on the English language makes me enhance my old scholastic foreign language. This is good and is as a new age of my life.

Many cheers
Gabriele

Gabriele,

The best way to explain the Woodrat is to point you to the sites here and here. Italian is a beautiful language so it seems rather a shame to pollute it with such a terrible word, but never mind. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Gabriele,

It must be very difficult making the translation sometimes.

A WoodRat is a machine on which you mount a router. It holds the router and the wood and makes it simple to cut various types of joinery. It isn't the router itself but an attachment for the router.

I think you do well with English language. I wish I could do so well with Italian.

;)

Alf":3hao7new said:
... Italian is a beautiful language so it seems rather a shame to pollute it with such a terrible word, but never mind. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Alf for the links.
Italian language? Which is the correct? I mean with this statement that there are a lot of dialects here and from one to another there are much differences. One who lives in Milan doesn't understand someone who lives in Palermo and vice versa. Is it the same there?

Do you know Italian language ? 8)

Cheers
Gabriele

Dave R":2tsoazqn said:
Gabriele,

It must be very difficult making the translation sometimes.

A WoodRat is a machine on which you mount a router. It holds the router and the wood and makes it simple to cut various types of joinery. It isn't the router itself but an attachment for the router.

I think you do well with English language. I wish I could do so well with Italian.

;)

Thanks a lot Dave :D

Gabriele

GEPPETTO":13rq84iq said:
One who lives in Milan doesn't understand someone who lives in Palermo and vice versa. Is it the same there?
It is. Some of the Cornish accents round here leave me completely at a loss - I think they do it deliberately...

GEPPETTO":13rq84iq said:
Do you know Italian language ? 8)
Only via operas - I can hardly cope with English :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Back