Tenoner help please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtr1

Established Member
Reaction score
My tenoner kept tripping today, so I called my sparky and he removed this from the switch box....

tenonerpic1.jpg

tenonerpic2.jpg

Once removed its been fine since, but we need a replacement asap but no one knows what it is. Its a brook crompton switch that is on my 3 head sedgwick. Was wondering If anyone has more of a clue than us, and all his contacts? I realise that its a bit vague, but I really know nothing about the magic that happens in big switches. TIA

Hi,

Well MOV stands for Metal Oxide Varistor which is a device for interferance supression , its only conducts over a specfic voltage.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I'm giving sedgwick a call this morning, Bob couldn't understand what it was doing in my switch in the first place!!

A varistor is normally a high resistance, but starts to conduct above a threshold voltage. That could stop external sources of voltage spikes from interfering with your machine. It won't stop your machine from causing electromagnetic interference though unless the unit includes capacitors too.

Latest posts

Back