Tennis / Tour de France

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's not been a Wimbledon thread yet...

Serena 6-0, 6-1.
Roger 6-3, 6-4, 6-2.

Any other predictions?

It's not that I don't want Andy Murray to win, it's just that Roger's my tennis hero and I think he's too good for Murray.

Yes good to see AFC Wimbledon back in the football league, hopefully they will stay in the league, can't see them getting promotion in the first year though.
I think they will finish strong maybe 7th or 8th.

I was lucky to be given tickets to the Ladies semifinals on Thursday.
Great day out and lovely weather!
Serena is on form and so powerful?
Hoping that Fed has a tummy ache?

Rod

As this is probably our only chance at actually winning the final I'm fully behind Murray. I may not 100% like the guy but he's good at tennis and I can't see him getting this run of events again to get to the final.

Fingers crossed.

I don't understand why people say they don't like Andy Murrey. I think he is in with a serious chance of grabbing the title and I for one hope he pulls it off.

Come on Andy :D

Regards

Brian

But Federer's got class 8) Andy Murray is just a dour Scotsman who doesn't like the English.......

Come on Roger :)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Been watching Le Tour. Are David Murray and Andy Millar twins? They look very similar and both get a bit weepy on occasions.

Paul Chapman":284dnbo5 said:
But Federer's got class 8) Andy Murray is just a dour Scotsman who doesn't like the English.......

Come on Roger :)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

The hating the English quote was a joke blown out of proportion by the sh*t media we have in this country. The reason why so many sportsmen (and politicians) are so boring to listen to is that they know journalists will take any interesting/witty/intelligent comment they make and twist it to support their paper's agenda.

When Murray started out he used to be quite funny in interviews, now it's more of the same bland comments that everyone that has had media training makes.

Come on Andy, by the way!

I just wish he would look like he's pleased he's won! I know he does on the court and he was obviously overwhelmed to have won but hardly even a glimmer of a smile in the interview straight after.

I know they have to watch what they say in interviews lest the media twist it but he could look happier! :)

Knackered yes. They also look happy. I'm not having a go at Andy btw. I'll be rooting for him all the way tomorrow.

Jensmith":u2ipvl0e said:
Knackered yes. They also look happy. I'm not having a go at Andy btw. I'll be rooting for him all the way tomorrow.

+1
I'll be rooting for him as well but he was atrocious in the interview. Surely he owes his fans a smile and thanks for the encouragement at least!

To hear him say he "doesn't care" when asked how his parents must be feeling just sums up his personality and when he said he "is excited" with a scowl on his face my immediate thought was heaven help him when he's miserable :roll:
To call him a dour Scotsman seems an insult to the Scots.

Hope he wins it though (he needs the £1m to bolster his £24m earningsb :wink: )

Bob

phil.p":2uccbalo said:
Murray has said that he shouldn't be called British, as he is Scottish - as such, I hope the miserable scottsman goes down in straight sets!
Serena 6-4 6-2

Are you English or British?????

Funny thing is though for the last several years anybody from Scotland, Wales and Ireland when in a winning Position(not only in Sports I hasten to add) are classed as British by the Media
When they lose they are classed as Scotish Welsh or Irish by the same media :cry: :cry:
Why????

It never ceases to amaze me that when People prefer to be called Scottish,Irish or Welsh rather than British that they must be Miserable gits that hate England..
For what it's worth I am first and foremost Scottish......... And British a very distant Second
Just as i know Most folks on here are also Scottish, English,Welsh and Irish First... and British Second

Roger

Lons":1jj22u46 said:
To hear him say he "doesn't care" when asked how his parents must be feeling just sums up his personality and when he said he "is excited" with a scowl on his face my immediate thought was heaven help him when he's miserable :roll:
To call him a dour Scotsman seems an insult to the Scots.

Hope he wins it though (he needs the £1m to bolster his £24m earningsb :wink: )

Bob

This is my point exactly, after he said he didn't care, he said that it was a hell of a lot harder for him [to play the game than it was for them to watch the game] then he laughed...because it was a joke!

Oh and we'll done to Marray and Nielsen.

Whatever we call ourselves, I wonder if it's not the browbeaten people of this great land of ours that need Murray to win Wimbledon more than he does?

Most of us are skint at a time when many of those deemed responsible for our financial plight by a lot of people continue to live in luxury paying themselves obscene salaries and bonuses.

We see corruption all around us mainly in high places while many people struggle to put food on the table or pay the rent.

England got kicked out of the football (again)

And don't even get me started on the miserable weather we've been having this summer :x :x although the sun is actually shinning as I write this - might even get some work done outside today :)

So, yes, maybe it is us who needs the country (whatever you call it) to win at tennis.

BTW, I'm an Englishman living in Wales

regards

Brian

Back