Tennis club champions board required.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Brown

Freeloading Social media influenza
Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum for this, but I can't see where else would be better, apart, perhaps from the "For Sale/Wanted" forum.

I am trying to source an Honours Board/Champions name board for my tennis club(we have run out of space of the current ones).
I'd like to match the existing one fairly closely, which is, I'm pretty certain, oak and is 24" high by 48" wide, 20mm thick with a chamfered edge.
The companies I've contacted keep trying to fob me off with MDF(they're more interested in the signwriting than the woodworking), but, being a traditionalist/old git, I'd rather have proper tree wood.
In fact, if I had a PT I'd probably have a go at it myself, but I don't(I don't have space for one), so I wondered if anyone here was interested. I'm not asking for any favours here, obviously we will expect to pay a fair price. I can post some pictures if anyone's interested, to aid in identifying/matching the timber.

[Edit] Forgot to say, the existing board is fabricated from 5 or so planks - I wasn't expecting a 24" wide plank or anything![/Edit]

John

There isn't really any more info. It's oak, 2 feet by 4 feet, 20mm thick with a chamfered edge. That's it!
Here's a picture(it's the only one I have with me - nothing special as I took it with my Blackberry - and then had to reduce it in size by a factor of a million before I was allowed to attach it).

Attachments

• IMG00043-20120319-1655.jpg
    IMG00043-20120319-1655.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 52
Back