Temporary alternative to woodworking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrisminordriver

Established Member
Reaction score
As I dont seem to have any chance of getting down the shed to do any ww'ing these days what with baby minding / day job / household chores and the like, Ive discovered a temporary alternative.
Vegetable preparation....
It may sound daft but daily sharpening my old carbon steel sabatier knife, peeling all manner of veggies (we are a veggie family so theres a fair few) then cubing / dicing / slicing / paring etc is quite therapeutic - Ive found carrot batons to be particularly fulfilling....
Oh well - best go prepare some for liunch!.
MMD.

Vegetable carvings can be quite spectacular. Maybe you should consider a bit of woodcarving - you can do it on a kitchen table with a few tools!

mmd what about some nice carrot and turnip dovetails or hounds tooth when you get a bit of practice any one for some more m/t veggie burgers :wink:

frank":1jacfd44 said:
mmd what about some nice carrot and turnip dovetails or hounds tooth when you get a bit of practice any one for some more m/t veggie burgers :wink:

Best I could manage was this potato hybrid that I've been waiting to unleash on an unsuspecting world.
Doing them one at a time on my Leigh takes a while though...
Regards
Martin
spuddovetail.jpg

Now I see where Woodrat got the idea for mentioning that you could hold a tomato under the baseplate and rout a cross in it - if, by some chance, you wanted to. :-k Never did understand why they thought that worth mentioning, but now I see... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

MMD

I know where you are coming from. I cook our food and we too are veggies. These days I sharpen the knife to a razor edge before every use and cut the slices of carrot etc. accurately and square with great care :oops:

Help meeeeeeeee........

martin dont you find that the leigh (spit spit )clogs up very quickly , but if you used the rat you wont get that problem , gill open the door to the bunker :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back