Template guides for Triton Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OllyK

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the big Triton mounted in a table, but I need to do some rather meaty template work which needs a 1/2" bit, which won't fit in my other routers.

The question is, the Trend dedicated base or the guide pack from Triton?

Does the guide pack from Triton need anything else? How do they secure, it doesn't seem to be the usual screw method.

Anybody got either of these?

I have both. On the Triton, you remove the thin black baseplate, insert the supplied metal baseplate from the kit, replace the black plate loosely, then fit the aligning bush to the metal plate, plunge to align the plate concentrically to the cutter, then tighten the baseplate screws, holding both plates securely.

The guide bushes fit to the metal baseplate with two screws, having two indentations for a "twist and tighten" operation.

REMEMBER, all the guidebushes in the TGA001 Triton Template Guide Kit are IMPERIAL sizes. They do not produce a metric version (I've no idea why).

The Trend GB5 universal baseplate will fit once drilled (use the black baseplate as a template), although you'll need slightly longer ¼" UNC screws than those used to affix the black baseplate. This allows the full Trend range of guide bushes to be used - metric and Imperial (see here for one example).

HTH? :)

Ray.

Back