Telecaster Plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HRRLutherie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

My workshop has been set up, and I'm ready to take on a big project. With any luck, I'm going to start the construction of a Telecaster style guitar this year. I've been planning on doing it for the past 4 years, and I think that I'm ready.

I was wondering if anybody has, or can point me in the direction of some cheap (or free!), quality Telecaster plans, so that I can start building templates, and gathering materials.

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

HRRLutherie":2l17f3vy said:
Hi All

My workshop has been set up, and I'm ready to take on a big project. With any luck, I'm going to start the construction of a Telecaster style guitar this year. I've been planning on doing it for the past 4 years, and I think that I'm ready.

I was wondering if anybody has, or can point me in the direction of some cheap (or free!), quality Telecaster plans, so that I can start building templates, and gathering materials.

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

Given the cost of tools and materials, if you know of reliable commercial plans, I'd call that an investment.

However, I suspect reading Philly's threads over on the a different place may guide you quite well.

If free is a priority, here's some promising lines:

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-de ... e-pdf.html

BugBear

I'd come across those before, but they were imperial.

Do you know where I can purchase metric plans?

HRRLutherie":gq1fuhxw said:

Given the US-centric nature of Fender-love, I suspect they don't exist. Converting doesn't sound hard though.

BugBear

HRRLutherie":3og9jiu7 said:

And may I ask ( in a somewhat irked tone ) what's wrong with imperial (hammer) :wink:

Dangermouse":37vmyn9f said:
HRRLutherie":37vmyn9f said:

And may I ask ( in a somewhat irked tone ) what's wrong with imperial (hammer) :wink:

Well it's for old blokes i'nit?
[FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

deserter":26eotm1j said:
Dangermouse":26eotm1j said:
HRRLutherie":26eotm1j said:

Well, so are Fender Telecasters!

E.

Eric The Viking":1scfp4es said:
deserter":1scfp4es said:

Well, so are Fender Telecasters!

E.

XF350_RIX.jpg

Better?

BugBear

I can't seem to find telecaster plans for sale online.

Does anybody have a good source?

bugbear":29ehvzp7 said:
XF350_RIX.jpg

Better?
BugBear

There was one of those crawling up the wall in the bathroom yesterday. It really upset my smallest daughter, as she couldn't stop it doing the riff from Smoke on the Water. I think she drowned it down the loo in the end...

To get back on topic, Let me Google That For You:

Stratocaster plans
Telecaster Plans
See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Musical_Instruments_Corporation

There won't be any plans "for sale online" unless from Fender themselves. It's their intellectual property.

IANAL, but my guess is that it's probably one of the most protected design icons in the world. You might want to vary your design accordingly, however please don't do one like that which BB posted, in case they meet each other and breed.

E.

Eric The Viking":1jov6gej said:
There won't be any plans "for sale online" unless from Fender themselves. It's their intellectual property.

IANAL, but my guess is that it's probably one of the most protected design icons in the world. You might want to vary your design accordingly, however please don't do one like that which BB posted, in case they meet each other and breed.

E.

I can't remember which design is it, but Melvyn Hiscock's second edition has one of the designs from
the first edition removed, because it was very (too) similar to one of the famous designs.

BugBear

Back