Teknos paint applied by brush?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I have made some windows for a customer which are yet to be painted. They had some joinery done by another firm which was sprayed with Teknos paint, looks lovely, too good if anything ;)

The customer wants these new windows the same colour, it's a Heritage white type colour (they are not expecting them to be sprayed). I was going to get some Dulux Ultimate Opaque tinted to the same colour as that is my paint of choice but wondered if anyone has any experience of Teknos external finishes applied by brush as I know nothing about it?

I have made some windows for a customer which are yet to be painted. They had some joinery done by another firm which was sprayed with Teknos paint, looks lovely, too good if anything ;)

The customer wants these new windows the same colour, it's a Heritage white type colour (they are not expecting them to be sprayed). I was going to get some Dulux Ultimate Opaque tinted to the same colour as that is my paint of choice but wondered if anyone has any experience of Teknos external finishes applied by brush as I know nothing about it?

Teknos can be brushed.

Obviously it's formulated for spraying, but it doesn't brush too badly. Like all water based paints it doesn't flow out very well and tends to dry with brush marks in it.
I've not used it but maybe floetrol paint conditioner might help it flow.

To be honest brushed finish won't look the exact same colour anyway so you might as well use the Dulux....provided you get a very close match and similar sheen level.

Teknos are generally either 30% sheen sarin or 65% semi gloss

Bit odd they would not want a matching sprayed finish to the sprayed ones Doug :unsure: ,

The windows I'm making are only for some outbuildings, they got a proper firm to make the ones for the house 😂😂😂

The main house is a big old hall with 30+ sash windows, their plan is to replace the windows in an elevation each year, they did ask me if I wanted to do it but it's too big a job for me.

They have had some external doors replaced already by the same firm, really nice job but the spray finish is so good they look like plastic which doesn't really suit the old place.

Thank you Robin, as I say the windows aren't in the same building so doesn't matter if they are not an exact match, I feel happier now going with the Dulux stuff (y)

Back