Tee Track & Mitre Track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Having been frustrated at the limited supply and cost of same I have managed to negotiate with an importer for a UK stocking of Veritas Tee & Mitre Track.

If there is enough interest to make holding it viable I can forward position it with me and hope to add Incra pattern as well.

As an example the costs of the following are approximately:

12K79.07 3ft x 3/4" wide slot extrusion £11.12
12K79.03 3ft T-slot extrusion £ 9.94
46J90.16 4.5ft x 3/8 x 3/4 UMHW strips £ 7.14

This is excluding delivery (mail/courier) in UK. but does include all import tax, VAT etc. The bigger the movement the better the price options I can negotiate.

If people want to purchase via Cheque or Credit card then importer is willing to provide secure clearance and telephone facilities including proforma invoice. no monies would be charged until dispatch.

Collection from me would be FOC.

For the information of the moderators this is not being done on a profit basis for myself, but obviously is a business venture to the importer.
Moderators PM me if you need Importers company contact details.

I need feedback from members to know if It is worth me trying to provide this import service. Intial positioning of stock would be 10-14 days but usually within week thereafter if out of stock (Air Freight) and I will have to sort out methods of distribution etc.

Alf":27t6coxw said:
Chas,

How's it compare to the info in this thread? Might be it's not worth the grief to you... :-k

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Alf for pointing me back to that thread, I had searched the woodworkersworkshop site several times but came up with only the more exotic equipment.
However since your post I have been in contact with 'Roger H Phebey' and he has sent me an Excel spreadsheet of their normally held stocks.

They do indeed stock the equivalents and at reasonable prices, I only wish they would update or modify their site to show such items more readily.

Thanks again for the heads up, will now go back down my chain and thank everybody who tried to help and stop them wasting any more time.

Too bad you had to expend your own time as well; the Woodworker's Workshop website leaves rather alot to be desired. :?

Cheers, Alf

can i ask what Tee Track & Mitre Track is?

Alf":gcf0r1n9 said:
Too bad you had to expend your own time as well; the Woodworker's Workshop website leaves rather alot to be desired. :?

Cheers, Alf

I applaud Roger for getting in some stuff many of us would like to buy but we should all be served a great deal better if he would take ten minutes to fix up his website. And I do mean ten minutes - maybe per day for a week. It is minimal as it stands and would take little effort to correct - unless it is a hopelessly constructed mess (which of course it may be :cry: )

Having received requests for the Stock Spreadsheet for these items I have put a copy (324k) Here which you can Open or Save if you have M$ Excel or equivalent capable of opening it.

I hardly like doing the web bit for a company that can't seem to get it's act together (unless it's just me can't find my way round their site) but the prices are right.

Hi all

I would also like to congratulate Roger and also to add a plea for simplicity.

Is it just me or does everybody else find the spreadsheet complicated? As there are items from different manufacturers I can't tell, at a glance, which fittings will fit each track. :?

Cheers
Neil

Erm, there's already a copy on Aldel's website, as per the info in the thread link... :wink: And I agree, it's extremely difficult to understand the spreadsheet, and frankly ridiculous that private individuals are having to provide space for price lists. It's right up there with having to keep providing details for Dure Edge 'cos they don't feel they need a website. No, that'll be because we're filling the void. :roll: ](*,) Aaargh, c'mon Roger! Don't make me rant! Sort it out. [-X

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2rzlmart said:
Erm, there's already a copy on Aldel's website, as per the info in the thread link... :wink: And I agree, it's extremely difficult to understand the spreadsheet, and frankly ridiculous that private individuals are having to provide space for price lists. It's right up there with having to keep providing details for Dure Edge 'cos they don't feel they need a website. No, that'll be because we're filling the void. :roll: ](*,) Aaargh, c'mon Roger! Don't make me rant! Sort it out. [-X

Cheers, Alf

OK, OK, I give in Alf, either your younger memory, or your ability to get through a lot more browsing is showing me up.

Sorry Aldel for not registering it was on your site, guess I did not look at the news feature last time I visited.

Do we have any more company sites ,or lack off, that are a hinderance to access to good supplies at the right price? perhaps a concerted nag from time to time might do some good. Or do you think that they are trading on the fact that all publicity is good even if it is negative (because it's free)

CHJ":9wr3ij96 said:
OK, OK, I give in Alf, either your younger memory, or your ability to get through a lot more browsing is showing me up.
If you rephrase that to my "ability to only retain trivia and waste hours on the 'net", then I can only agree with both... :oops:

CHJ":9wr3ij96 said:
Do we have any more company sites ,or lack off, that are a hinderance to access to good supplies at the right price?
Thanet Tools springs effortlessly to mind. Apparently they have many goodies, but in 3 years (or maybe 4 now - how long have I had 'net access?) of "website coming soon" it's never happened. Ah, time for my annual visit to check... and... yep, it still hasn't happened. ](*,) Or Bristol Design, old tool sellers and makers of infills, chisels and other delights. I've lot count of the number of times I've had to provide details for them. Tilgear, of course, but they seem to be in a time warp all their own so are probably still waiting for Babbage to invent the 'puter...

Better stop there before I go into full rant mode. Although it might be too late...

Cheers, Alf

There is no doubt, for the would-be customer at least, lack of a website is a major problem in this day and age.

I am however, not at all sure how it is seen from the other side. In some cases (Tilgear?) the age of the proprietors probably militates against having one, in other cases ignorance and superstition may play a role. However for many, I suspect they have looked at what it takes in time and money and have simply decided against it.

What really gets my goat are those firms that have dipped a toe in the water and left it there to rot. I think this presents the worst possible view of a company and if they cannot or will not maintain it as a decent site, then for God's sake, please let them get rid of it!

Alf":2pvswdsn said:
.....snip...
Better stop there before I go into full rant mode. Although it might be too late...
Cheers, Alf

Frustrating isn't it. I really appreciate a company that trades on/for "a reasonable markup" or is of the "rather not join the pressure sales clique" but I can never understand them not embracing the virtually free (in advertising terms) internet shop window.

CHJ":1yz01ah8 said:
I really appreciate a company that trades on/for "a reasonable markup" or is of the "rather not join the pressure sales clique" but I can never understand them not embracing the virtually free (in advertising terms) internet shop window.

That's one reason possibly 'why'. Where did the idea of 'virtually free' come from? It takes a huge amount of effort to create and maintain a website if it is to be of any value. If you then want to add an online shopping facility then that adds another layer of cost and complexity. if you are a small one or two man company and you are running on 'a reasonable markup' and then factor in relatively low sales volumes then you can't afford to pay to create and maintain your website.

Having said that I do agree with the views expressed that if you are going to have a website then at least keep it up to date..

Roger Sinden":2tg2aa6k said:
Where did the idea of 'virtually free' come from? It takes a huge amount of effort to create and maintain a website if it is to be of any value.

I would agree with "huge amount of effort" if one falls into the trap of going for a "All Bells and Whistles" presentation that becomes a nightmare to maintain, but a simple set of linked html pages with grouped stock lists and prices is not exactly rocket science. And certainly cheaper than producing and distributing a colour catalogue. Domain Name and Server space are not exactly bank breaking.

Example: not "Posh" but it provides all that is necessary to trade and the Home page loads quickly.

I agree Chas but clearly you're well versed in HTML etc. Not everyone is though and so have to dip into their pockets to pay someone to develop the site for them. I notice that the example site you gave also has an ecommerce section.....not cheap to either develop oneself or buy a service in.

Roger Sinden":1vrz1gq1 said:
I agree Chas but clearly you're well versed in HTML etc. Not everyone is though and so have to dip into their pockets to pay someone to develop the site for them.
Not sure I agree. There's stuff out there like this that's laughably easy to create a website with. Certainly enough to put up contact details, price lists and so forth. Dure Edge, for example, have some well laid out info sheets about their blades which could transfer to the 'net very easily I'd have thought. I speak as someone who's only computer training was on a BBC Micro about a million years ago, fwiw. So either it really isn't as difficult as people imagine, or I'm a natural computer genius* :wink:

Cheers, Alf

*If you'd seen me struggling to get my workshop tour pics show up in IE last week, you'd know it wasn't option two... :roll:

There are also Ebay shops of course. Naturally it's all a trade-off but I for one have recently bought stuff direct from the USA because a certain wannabe UK supplier can't get his electronic act together.

I am firmly of the view that people who are likely to spend money on the toys we buy are mostly internet savvy - or can soon become so and that the merits of having a site where customers can at least browse what you want to sell and preferably buy it too, are compellingly positive.

In a way, Tilgear would seem to give the lie to this point of view but I believe they have had a lot of free advertising (just like Dure Edge) from sites like this and are thus riding the coattails of others. I wonder how long they can sustain this approach?

Back