Tee Track & Mitre Track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really going off topic now but I think I am catching something off Alf. :whistle:
This is the sort of thing that frustrates me about how companies make use of web exposure. (if you are on dial-up be prepared to just duck out before you see the home page rather than pay the phone bill) This is an example of how not to do a site if you want to hold a potential customers attention.

It happens to be hosted on my families server space so we can see what usage it attracts, previously it was a basic clean presentation created with Webstyle 4 & FrontPage that took some 4 hours to complete and was simple enough to be maintainable by the owner of the business. It used to load in 10-15 seconds on dialup, and all links including pictures, maps etc. loaded in less than 10-seconds. And was receiving a respectable number of hits per week.

On the basis that 'net' exposure was a good thing I presume, the owner has mistakenly had it re-vamped in typical 'German' style by an IT 'professional'. Since the revamp the site usage has dropped to 0 hits most days. Crazy! If you can stand the wait try accessing the map ( Anfart ) from the left hand menu.

Oh, If you can't get beyond the intro music scroll down the page!!

Latest posts

Back