"Techno" Matting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shultzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I found this matting, it's the type Rutlands sell as Router non-slip matting, in a WORKS shop. The size is 370mm x 900mm and it cost £1.50. It works perfectly with no slippage, but I've only tried it for sanding.

Hi, Shultzy

I got some from the Pound shop, but I can't remember how much it was :wink:

Pete

I got some from the Pound Shop too, but my son worked there so I had a 10% discount. I'm not sure now how much it came too though :wink:

Seriously, I had a freebie with a woodwork mag, and that stuff held timber against the torque of a router, no problem. Although it was much thicker than the 'Pound-Shop' variety! (Which I use under my PC keyboard.)

John :)

Carpet/flooring/DIY stores sell it by the metre (up to 3m wide) as a non-slip solution for rugs on shiny wooden floors etc.

I bought a metre of it for less than a pre-packaged 'router mat'. I use it for drawer liners to stop carving chisels etc. wandering around.

Woodwould":27bd47yz said:
Carpet/flooring/DIY stores sell it by the metre (up to 3m wide) as a non-slip solution for rugs on shiny wooden floors etc.

I bought a metre of it for less than a pre-packaged 'router mat'. I use it for drawer liners to stop carving chisels etc. wandering around.

There was some kind of material people have warned against using for draw liners and I think it might have been this stuff. If it is the stuff I am thinking of then it can leave the pattern on the back of the chisels as it can actually promote rust.

Here it is: https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/tool ... 9-150.html I can not figure out how to link to a specific post, but it is a comment by Mr Ed three quarters of the way down page 11.

Latest posts

Back