Teaching Maths in Britain:

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've heard a rumour that we're booked for sunshine sometime soon, but then, you know what the met office is like! :D
I see you haven't forgotten Murary's c T shirt then?

Roy.

Noel":36lmpgnw said:
SammyQ":36lmpgnw said:
Noel, there were so many cops, you needed WD40 just to squeeze down the street between them......hellyhopter was burnin' up taxpayers money for 8 straight hours too. That baby is fitted with SUCH high definition cameras, prosecution is via the model and size printed on yer drawers waistband, showing when you bend over for a fresh brick.

Tonight, the monsoon has struck and every rock-throwing, self respecting, parka-wearing, benefit-money-drinking hood is indoors watching "My name is Earl"! There is just SO little point in getting your training bottoms wet, the saggy arris looks plain awful on the six o'clock news....

Sam

LOL, good description of life in the East. You should script write on Folks On The Hill. Yes, drowned rats in their gutties wouldn't look so good on a Mark Simpson (must've had laser eye surgery...) report. See latex gloves have become the latest fashion accessory, too much CSI during the off season.
On a serious note this Beast From The East the media is going on about seems to have a few issues. Fingers crossed it's all hype but ..........
Rgds

Noel
So are you going to let us in to your coded language? I see it's about the resurgence of the NI troubles, and "Folks on the Hill" is a NI TV thing, but who are the Beast From The East and Mark Simpson?

I remember sitting in a pub after Bloody Sunday and saying surely this is the end of the road things can only get better. A long time ago.

PS Ok got the beast in the east .

PPS OK got Mark Simpson but I'm not sure of his significance in all this. Latex gloves?

PPS 1 hour 45 minutes is how far it is away from here (Wirksworth to the ferry from Liverpool) yet it could be Bosnia or even more remote. Blame the media?

Jacob":ga2or4sb said:
Latex gloves?

It's what the bigots now wear to keep them clear of firearms residues.

The whole thing is a good example of the shortcomings of separatist education.

Did you know that the reason we currently have a highly educated group of Irish 40 somethings is that they stayed in and did their homework owing to the troubles outside.

Digit":251xfylb said:
Typical black propaganda (that teacher are getting away with being under qualified, useless etc) coupled with cutting expenditure, which is the real objective. If improving standards was the objective then there are positive ways of doing this.
The 'no such thing as a failure culture.'

Roy.
There certainly is such a thing and you are a typical representative of it!
i.e. a large section of the populace who have taken the miserable Daily Mail (et al) message that everything is dung shaped one way or another and getting worse by the minute, with failed teachers, social workers, schools, universities. They moan on all the time! It's called "The Big Moan" .
A miserable lot who need to get out a bit more and meet different people, not just other moaners.

So you would be happy to have a child of yours 'educated' by someone who took half a dozen attempts to just get started on the course would you Jacob?
Good thing your 'successes' aren't doctors isn't it?

There certainly is such a thing and you are a typical representative of it

And that of course is exactly what the rest of us have come to expect from the loony left, and this despite the black propaganda as shown in that extreme rightist Gruniad.
You commented earlier that you made up your own mind, indeed. Unfortunately you seem to do so without any reference to facts such as published by the OECD PISA report of course, whom we hope are better 'qualified' than yourself to comment.

Roy.

Modernist":25q3b7ee said:
Jacob":25q3b7ee said:
Latex gloves?

The whole thing is a good example of the shortcomings of separatist education. .

If only it was that simple.

Did you know that the reason we currently have a highly educated group of Irish 40 somethings is that they stayed in and did their homework owing to the troubles outside.

You're taking the p-iss aren't you :)

Noel":2a7fs7v3 said:
Modernist":2a7fs7v3 said:
Jacob":2a7fs7v3 said:
Latex gloves?

The whole thing is a good example of the shortcomings of separatist education. .

If only it was that simple.

You're taking the p-iss aren't you :)

No it's not that simple but it would be a step in the right direction if 100 year old history were not constantly reinforced by separatist ideology in separatist schools. I think I am right in saying that 90% of NI education is sectarian.

The second is a recent quote from a NI friend who is a graduate of the 1980's.

Back