TCT Blades for the TS2500

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digizz

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering - is the blade supplied with the TS2500ci a good one - or would it be worthwhile replacing it with something else - or maybe a couple for different work?

Anyone got a 2500 and can comment on the quality of blade?

Thanks.

I have a Scheppach TKU. The 315mm blade supplied looked good quality. It is does not waver and vibration must be low as it is whisper quiet. Cut's a treat, so I reckon Scheppach blades are (or at least were 4 years ago) good quality.

Ike

I did also get 40T and an 80T blades to complement the standard 28T rip blade supplied. They are Perform brand from Axminster. Whilst I had my doubts when ordering them, I think they are surprisingly good for the money, and I have not had any problems with them even after two resharpenings. I think these are Taiwanese manufactured.

However I cannot compare them like for like with a premium priced blade e.g Trend etc.

Ike

I'm still using the original blade, despite meaning for a very long time to get aronud to replacing it. I've had no trouble with it, and it leaves a very good finish. I thought I'd get a combination blade as it's more suited to what I do, but haven't yet really plucked up the cash, as the current blade seems to work so well.

I did, finally, get around to cleaning it, with some of this CMT stuff, and after a bit of head scratching realised the blade must be fully exposed, for the lock bar to be inserted. Cleaning it certianly seemed to make it leave a better finish.

Adam

Hi Digizz,

I have the TS2500 and although i have since bought 2 Freud blades for different use's i still use the original Scheppach blade and i have to agree with both ike and Adam these blades are first class.
As long as you keep it clean and sharp it will last you for years. As Adam mentions CMT is good cleaner.
Trend also do an excellent kit which contains a diamond honing tool, resin cleaner, and rust buster. Or try their Trendicote which also stops resin build up.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mike.C

Back