Taxi Drivers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garno

Grumpy Old Git
Reaction score
Very hot today and I have been sitting out in the sun so forgive me.

Is there any other professions other than taxi drivers that can claim they walk to work every day? :?

You would think walking to and from work everyday would make the majority of them fitter than they actually are instead of overweight and tired. #-o

Should I get out of the sun now or risk another few hours 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I walk to work every day. Down the stairs, through the kitchen and utility room and out into the workshop. :mrgreen:

Rorschach":2zcwato5 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I walk to work every day. Down the stairs, through the kitchen and utility room and out into the workshop. :mrgreen:

Ooops I forgot about those that work from home :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol:

When I had a shop I walked to work every day, 2 miles each way. I didn't have a car at the time and there wasn't a bus. 4 miles of walking plus 8 hours on your feet kept me very fit, though I had a very poor processed food diet.

Pfft, that's nothing...

I used to have to walk fifteen miles to school everyday with a backpack loaded with 50kg of textbooks, in the snow, barefoot, uphill, both ways!

You old whippersnappers don't know how good you had it!

Trevanion":2ilui6ql said:
Pfft, that's nothing...

I used to have to walk fifteen miles to school everyday with a backpack loaded with 50kg of textbooks, in the snow, barefoot, uphill, both ways!

You old whippersnappers don't know how good you had it!

Luxury,

I had to jog 20 miles and put in an 8 hour shift down the pit, I then had to jog to school that was another 20 miles away with 60kg of textbooks and 10kg of pencils bare footed and bare back.

You young un's had things so easy!!

Is it possible that some of you gentlemen hail from, dare I say it, Yorkshire?

It struck me that farmers are probably most like taxi drivers: they step out of the house, over the sheepdog, and onto the tractor.

I have to walk 1/2 a mile to get to my taxi, well I would if I was allowed out of my garden

Back