Tauco pillar drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chronos and RDG supply drill chucks with female tapers as well as arbours MT1 to fit their chucks.
Choose your chuck first and then the arbour to fit. Usually JT3 or B16 in a 16mm chuck
To be honest 16mm chuck is too big for this machine but it is doable if you respect its limitations.

Bob

9fingers":19v5eh0z said:
Chronos and RDG supply drill chucks with female tapers as well as arbours MT1 to fit their chucks.
Choose your chuck first and then the arbour to fit. Usually JT3 or B16 in a 16mm chuck
To be honest 16mm chuck is too big for this machine but it is doable if you respect its limitations.

Bob

I think Bob's right. I'm pretty sure I only have a 1/2" chuck on my DP, and it handles anything, including a 3-1/2" Forstner bit and a 3" rosette cutter. There's no way your DP will swing those. If you can't get that chuck to work, save the money and buy a smaller replacement.

Kirk

I have just managed to get hold of a Tauco bench drill £20. Bargain. Waiting for it to be delivered. Just needs some TLC. Can anyone tell me how to change the belt from pulley to pully as there seems to be no way to slacken the belt. or is it a case od levering in from pulley to pulley?
Any help here would be appreciated.
Regards,
maxamace

The motor mount moves on the two horizontal bars every time you change the belt ratio. Never ever lever a belt off pulleys there is always a correct way to do slacken the belt first.

Four years on maybe they were cheaper :)

I have a bench model Tauco in bits under the bench waiting for restoration that my father gave me. Not much wrong with it apart from it's covered in hammerite. I don't really need another pillar drill but it has sentimental value and I enjoy renovating old machines.

Cheers
Andy

Back