Tap, Tap...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
...safety glasses.

Any recommendations for good quality safety glasses?

I need them to be comfortable, with good eye protection to prevent bits (specifically firework sparks :D) getting in my eyes. They must be compatible with a hard hat. I'll be wearing contact lenses so no need to fit over glasses.

Oh yeah - I need to get them tomorrow.

Cheers,

Pete

Pete

I always manage to get mine covered in dust, dirt and general grime and so I go for the cheapest I can find with a BS KiteMark...usually from the DIY shed. Since you're going to have sparks, the lenses are going to gradually deteriorate anyway...but then you probably knew that :lol:

In time for ww I'd get an Airshield.

Airshield no good for fireworks though as can't wear a helmet.

I know the lenses will get marked a bit, but I'd still like the best I can find (for a reasonably sensible amount of cash). The disposables we get from the firework provider I find uncomfortable and obscure my vision somewhat. Probably my odd face...

Pete

I have a pair of solid safety glasses (not goggles) that slightly wrap around the sides which I wear when using machinery. Seem to do the job well and with good visibility. Came from Ridgeons for about a fiver I think.

Andrew

Back