Tambour cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant outcome and a great WIP. Love the shadow gap. I can feel the pain you must have been in when at the very end it all went a bit pear shaped, been there. Great that you could find the problem and rectify it successfully.

Fitz.

Haha I paid good money for that lead to fix a leaking gulley at home. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
Thanks everyone for your kind comments
Glass ordered - decided in the end to get opaque glass as I think the lighting will light that up better. I will post final photos and a video of the opening next week sometime
Cheers
Mark

Last chapter
All I had left to do was install the glass. I had decided to use 4mm misted safety glass which took a while to deliver
Meanwhile I made some supports for the shelves by making 6mm dowels and then cutting half of half of that away. I made two sets to decide which looked best - and the walnut won easily we thought
tempImage0lL5IZ.png

So here it was just waiting for the glass
tempImagep7m70d.png

Once the glass arrived it sat very nicely and then it was time to fill the cabi
tempImageYsC2nq.png

tempImageaEAB5T.png

And here is a video of the opening

I hope the video works OK - but generally the tambour works very well - and the light comes on reliably when the doors are opened
Thanks for looking and all your helpful comments during the construction
No judging how much whisky is in the cabinet!
Mark

I just read this thread from start to finish and I have to say I am blown away by the quality of the outcome - absolutely brilliant, well done! I particularly liked the booked matched veneer on the slats, I think that's a wonderful touch and gives the piece some real character. Kudos sir, for an amazing job!

No judging how much whisky is in the cabinet! Mark
On the whole I'd say the whisky supply is a bit on the light side but I'll let it pass, for now.

But it's very nice to see the cabinet finally in use for its intended purpose. Excellent. Slainte.

Back