TAKEN. Free (mid-Suffolk) Crafter (or Craft?) table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

profchris

Established Member
Reaction score
Now taken.

Benchtop model, quite old, but the blade goes up and down and tilts and it rips wood. Rough cutting, not precision work.

Note: the blade guard is missing though riving knife is still there, so you can't have it if you're a novice. I'd like to know that you plan to make it a guard, or know enough about the risks if you plan to use it some other way.

It came with an aluminium thing that isn't its fence and doesn't work as one, so you'd have to make it a fence.

As with the others, I thought I needed this but was wrong.

I suspect it was designed as a site tool - pretty solid, but not a refined instrument to persuade wood to the shape you want.

Here you go:

20160819_180745_zpsj2ms5eqn.jpg

I think "well-used" would be accurate. The fence thing might work if you made a couple of brackets.

If you're driving past Stowmarket some day when I'm around and this is any use to you, please take it away. Otherwise, dump I fear.

profchris":6ft85ibq said:
Here you go:

20160819_180745_zpsj2ms5eqn.jpg

I think "well-used" would be accurate. The fence thing might work if you made a couple of brackets.

If you're driving past Stowmarket some day when I'm around and this is any use to you, please take it away. Otherwise, dump I fear.
If nobodys interested, how about Freecycle?

pollys13":1armdik1 said:

Thought about that, but the lack of a blade guard is a concern if the recipient doesn't understand the risks of a table saw with no guard. I'd hate to hear that some novice ended up a finger short.

profchris":3ag5eg5x said:
pollys13":3ag5eg5x said:

Thought about that, but the lack of a blade guard is a concern if the recipient doesn't understand the risks of a table saw with no guard. I'd hate to hear that some novice ended up a finger short.
Ah, right.

Stanleymonkey":76n0ik9x said:
Dumb question - but has it got a screamer for a motor, or is that end of it working fairly well?

Martin

Really quite quiet just running. Medium volume hum plus some high end whine from the blade as it gets up to speed. Of course, once the blade contacts wood ... but even then not too bad

I'd say it works pretty well for what it is. It might even be worth removing the workings and building them into a proper bench. The height and tilt mechanisms work ok - a bit stiff but I suspect a clean up and lubrication would help.

Back