Tail Stock for Union Jubilee lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DW54VER

Reaction score
I have been so excited this past week because I found a Union Jubilee lathe that a school was selling and we agreed a deal for me to arrange a courier £170 to go and collect it for me tomorrow.

the school called me this morning and have told me that the tailstock has gone missing!!!

So, I have been searching websites, having conversations with various people and considering options.... what do I do?

Do I continue with blind faith that one will turn up eventually or, pull out? One suggestion was to buy a cheap Chinese tailstock and have it modified to suit but, that sounds incredibly risky and if it doesn’t operate at the same centreline then alignment will be out, lots of wobble/ vibrations and not a great sounding idea.

Any ideas about where I could find one going spare or held in stock?

Did you pay £170 for the lathe? If so its a very good price with or without the tailstock!

Perhaps you could buy it anyway, and ask them to look out for the tailstock. I do seem them occasionally on ebay, and without a tailstock you can still do some work with it while you get hold of one.

I would also be against trying to modify a tailstock from a different lathe, alot of effort. However you may find one that is the same centre height which might work.

Back