Tablesaw, tracksaw, bench..... opinions please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have looked at that Betterly straight line jig and it is just a jig to align rails whilst you tighten them, and at £137 on conbay. Makita do a three meter rail for £200 Makita 194367-7 3-Metre Guide Rail and the only downside is storage and portability, any comments @JobandKnock as you have given great info previously and I know you have one of these. I think it must be easier to have a long straight track rather than trying to join two, just a little out in the middle could be a lot more at the end.

So is the profile rectangular or dovetail, for the slots it obviously needs to be angled so it cannot come out of the dovetail groove but the dovetail profile works great in the track.

Ive ordered a t slot cutter which fits the makita clamp dimensions ( hopefully )
The initial dovetail and clamp question was me wondering if the clamps would fit ok in a dovetail hole

I think the FS3000/2 was shipped in a wooden box a while back, but mine arrived in a cardboard box with a wooden frame inside for support.

Ahh, shame. I bet it costs them more in damaged tracks than they save cutting down on the packaging!

My FS3000/2 came the same way, mind you it was a much thicker and heavier corrugated cardboard box than the FS1400s came in

Latest posts

Back