Table top scratches

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodds

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys I have a dining room table from around late 80's, it has lots of fine scratches and appears to be both laminated and lacquered what can I use to both remove the scratches and give the surface a new lease of life?

Will do Daniel, i'll sort it later. Thank-you
here is a couple of photos but the scratches are not that obvious and they don't show up well.
Thanks

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 28
  • table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 27
From the photos it looks like you have a full finish in which case you could use T-cut but if there is any open grain the T-cut will fill it and you will be left with white flecks in the grain which will be a real pipper to remove. If you do have any areas of open grain then you could use a cutting wax like Fiddes Vita Shine Vita-Shine - FIDDES It will be hard work mind!!

From the photos it looks like you have a full finish in which case you could use T-cut but if there is any open grain the T-cut will fill it and you will be left with white flecks in the grain which will be a real pipper to remove. If you do have any areas of open grain then you could use a cutting wax like Fiddes Vita Shine Vita-Shine - FIDDES It will be hard work mind!!
Would never have thought of that, thank-you so much. I'll give it a go!

What is a full finish?

[QUOTE=What is a full finish?
A full finish is when the grain is completely filled with whatever material has been used to create the finish, so no pores showing at all.

Back