• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Table Skittles Project - No Plans!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

BenB

Reaction score
Who doesn't love table skittles?

I'm planning to make my own set, I'm thinking walnut, black felt and polished stainless steel/chrome (rather than oak, brass and green baize). Nice box joint corners.

Trouble is that I have no idea where to get the plans from, does anyone have an idea where I can go please?

The full size one is 2' x 3', I know that much.

Cheers

Last edited:

NickM

Established Member
Reaction score
My Dad made one a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he just made it up but I'll try to remember to ask him next time I speak to him. It worked well (including pulling a lever to stand the skittles up again).

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
You're in luck. I shared instructions for these a while ago. They show up in a search if you look for "bar skittles" but not for "table skittles".

BenB

Reaction score
You're in luck. I shared instructions for these a while ago. They show up in a search if you look for "bar skittles" but not for "table skittles".

That's great, thanks, but I'm looking for the regulation size, which is 3' x 2' sits in a tray and without the strings please?

NickM

Established Member
Reaction score
That's great, thanks, but I'm looking for the regulation size, which is 3' x 2' sits in a tray and without the strings please?
I can't help you in that case. The one my Dad made had the strings!

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
I know that there are lots of variations on a theme - exactly what game are you after? Is it the Northamptonshire bar game with cheeses to throw at the skittles?

billw

The Tattooed One
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I know that there are lots of variations on a theme - exactly what game are you after? Is it the Northamptonshire bar game with cheeses to throw at the skittles?
People in a pub throw cheese at skittles? I need to visit Northamptonshire to see this.

Yojevol

Clocking on
Reaction score
Do you mean this rather tame tabletop game:-
skittles 2.jpg

Or this:-

skittles 1.jpg

Much more fun but you need a pint on hand to make it worthwhile
Brian