table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlycan

Reaction score
Hi i'm looking to purchase a table saw. I have been looking at a jet saw and the triton workcentre. Would anybody have any prefarences. or does anybody have a Triton Workcentre as there doesn't seem to be many secondhand tables for sale so this tells me when people buy them then they don't sell them because they are a good machine!!.

Hi Curly,

I used a Triton for years, from when things were not so over-priced! However, I had the underframe stolen, so I bought a new version. I have been unable to put it together. The bottom rails although the same length won't fit into the ends, unless I detach the aluminium runners. Then the runners won't go in unless I detach the bottom rails. I haven't sent it back. It came from Europe, so sooner or later I have to make it go together! :mrgreen:

I found the old one indispensable to me, and easy to use and assemble, but they're only as good as the saw or router you put into them.

If you have the space and funds, go for a tablesaw, and a cross-cut/compound mitre saw of some sort. That's my advice.
Obviously you get what you pay for, but you should find a decent table saw for the money you'd need for a fully functional Triton.

HTH

John :D

I don't know which Jet you are looking at but I would always say get a saw with an induction motor for quiet running and long term reliability/ease of maintenance.

Bob

got the jet 315. dont expect the sliding table to work well. not impressed with that at all!
Geert

Back