Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpolish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody
I am on the look out for an upgrade for a table saw. I just have a little bench top one at the moment but have outgrown it. i have a budget of 6-800 £ may be able to stretch to a £1000 but would rather not. I have been looking at the kity 419 and the elcy bekam pk200. Last night i looked on rutlands at the 10 inch cast iron table saw with sliding carriage and allsorts with it made by fox. it was only £729 model no f36528 has anybody heard of this model or any information on Fox never heard of them myself. I want to make small pieces of furniture biggest being chest of drawers size.I notice a few people on here having the 419 and the pk200. Can you please advise on the capabilities of these 2 saws.
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum Phil.

I understand that the Fox is very similar to the Record TSPP250 saw, there is a review of that in this thread. The difference that can be seen is the Fox only has one table extension instead of the two supplied with the Record. I am thinking about the Fox myself, just sort of the odd £700 :shock:

Hi Phil,

Best talk to NMA (Sheppach distributors) on the 419. Kity went to the wall late last year and Sheppach have bought them out. No doubt others will bring you up to date on the situation.
I've only seen the Fox upside down in the warehouse of a local dealer and from the view I got it's looks substantial and good value. PR China manufactured it may be but I'd certainly consider it if I was in the TS market.
Daresay a few Sheppach and EB fans will be along in a minute.

Rgds

Noel

Thanks a lot Dave may look at the record now for that bit extra well worth the money I think.
Regards Phil.

philpolish":225p8fco said:
Thanks a lot Dave may look at the record now for that bit extra well worth the money I think.
Regards Phil.
Phil, I have the Record tspp250 which is the same machine as the Fox you are interested in. The Record comes with an extra extension table and a 5 year warranty. i am just completing a review of it for posting later this week (hopefuly). I paid £800 inc delivery and sliding carriage, and I rate it highly. :D

Hi John
Ihave just been looking in mags and on the net for the record tspp250 and the only ones i can find do not say anything about the sliding carriage or the extra extention. When you bought yours did you get a sliding table or do you just get the 220 pull stroke on the table pull through. Is there somewhere I can view the one you purchased. also what dimensions can you cut on it I can never find any useful information when i am trying to buy something. One last question for now is about the space required I have a 20.5' x 15' workspace would this be ok for this size of saw or should i be looking for a smaller panel saw.
Thanks for your time very much appreciated
Regards Phil

Phil

I have the 419 and love it to bits. I got the sliding table and extensions with it and it is superb. GWW magazine rated it as best on test when up against far more expensive saws and I can see why.
Whisper quiet and cuts very cleanly. My only gripe is that the dust collection port is not too good.

The fence is rock solid and you get a second clamp for the rear guide (never used it myself). The mitre slot is very nice fit with the bar on the guage.
Top saw.

My local Machinemart still have them in stock so try there for one.

philpolish":2azq74be said:
Hi John
Ihave just been looking in mags and on the net for the record tspp250 and the only ones i can find do not say anything about the sliding carriage or the extra extention. When you bought yours did you get a sliding table or do you just get the 220 pull stroke on the table pull through. Is there somewhere I can view the one you purchased. also what dimensions can you cut on it I can never find any useful information when i am trying to buy something. One last question for now is about the space required I have a 20.5' x 15' workspace would this be ok for this size of saw or should i be looking for a smaller panel saw.
Thanks for your time very much appreciated
Regards Phil
Phill,
I had a choice of dust extractor or the sliding carriage, I chose the sliding carriage. The Record comes with 2 extension tables. If you don't have the carriage, you fit one extension on the left side, and the other extension fits to the right. If you have the carriage both extensions fit on the righthand side of the blade. The saw table is big, I can cut 8' X 4' sheets on my own safely.
I can never find any useful information when i am trying to buy something.
I know what you mean :( .

I will measure it later today and give you the exact size if you wish.
but here is a picture to give you an idea. (The second ext table is covered up by the level and the fence in the picture.)
You have to set it up like all machines, but the real bonus with this saw is that it has every conceivable adjustment you can think of. (don't ask how I know :D )

If you want any more info, just let me know.

img39.jpg

Hi John looks like a lovely saw, it definetely looks like a bargain. Where did you purchase yours from and was the sliding carriage just an offer they had on at the time. I am not sure that I would have the workspace to operate it to its full potential. How long is the sliding carriage, if you have had time for a measure up. My space is 20.5'x15' so a bit limited.

thanks again for your time
Regards Phil.

Hi All,

Although I'm a woodturner, I do have and make use a tablesaw for all the houshold shelf units, cupboards and storage systems built in my workshops.

I've had the Kity 419 for over six years, it's taken lots of abuse and never let me down once, it's a good compact size, and if they're still around when this one falters I'll look at buying another one, just the same.

CC

Since NMA became the distributors of Kity, new kit should be availible very soon. I was informed in June that Kity tools should be availible within the month. Look at the Kity website and all tools are now shown with the page about liquidation now removed. http://www.kityuk.com/

Great news for all (both) of us kity 419 fans!!

I love my 419, I really do :wink: :roll:

I made an enquiry to Kity yesterday about when the Kity 419 would be availible with sliding carriage and extension table and had an email from toolbids auctioning a 419 without any extras.
This is a cop out as far as I'm concerned. :(

I see Stayer are having an open day next Friday (6th August) in Swanscombe, Kent, I will try and get along there in my lunchbreak as it is not to far from work.

I'll see if I can get a more definative answer on the availablity of the table saws.

AndyP

Today I received 2 emails regarding Kity.
This from KityUK
Hi
We are sell ing off our stock of kity machines and spares
You are correct NMA will handle Kity in the future
Regards Sales

And this from Boyd McEwen at NMA
Dear Mr XXXX,
I have the 419 saw in stock should receive the accessories this week MTS have some machines on order so if everything goes according to plan they should have them by the end of the week.
Regards
Boyd

My prayers have been answered. :) :p :) :p

All we need now is the price since Sheppach too over Kity.

Back