Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a rage 5s and have found it to be excellent. I have found Saxton blades can be bought for this saw and came with the required reducer ring - I have an 80T for crosscutting melamine with a zero clearance insert.

Add a decent outfeed table and you can rip cut full 8x4 sheets on it.

I paid £150 ish second hand.

Recently brought an itech 10". Pretty happy with it all things considered. Runs on a standard 13a socket quite happily. Is pretty accurate. See link below.

I would be interested in a tool review of this, It seams well priced but I've never found anyone that has one. Just for research purposes, I can't get one.

I would be interested in a tool review of this, It seams well priced but I've never found anyone that has one. Just for research purposes, I can't get one.
I have the saw, had it a few years it’s great, I did a review on here. It’s exactly the same as the sip apart from a few minor details

Any thoughts on the Evolution Rage. I've been pondering this for a while. Drawbacks seem to be limited blade choice and low motor speed. Positives include portable and very stable when set up, extensions for big boards and fence appears good. Prices around £300 plus.
I did look at the Evolution but as you say the range of blades is poor. Other companies are slowly making blades with a smaller arbour but not enough to make them competitive in price. I have an Evolution mitre saw and it's ok but have to reset the blade to 90 degrees way to often. Thanks for the input.

Recently brought an itech 10". Pretty happy with it all things considered. Runs on a standard 13a socket quite happily. Is pretty accurate. See link below.

Sits in the middle between charmwood and more expensive brands like laguna. Its basically the same saw as the sip.

I was in your bost 3 months ago. On a buget and to many choices. This years on by kind to find saws on the second hand market. Been pretty dead on ebay. Looked at all sorts. I want a cast iron too. So was between ones at Axminster sip and itech.

https://www.scosarg.com/itech-250mm-cast-iron-table-saw-bench
Many thanks. eBay and Gumtree have been no good this year. All this lockdown had reignited a lot of peoples interest in the DIY again.

Sits in the middle between charmwood and more expensive brands like laguna. Its basically the same saw as the sip.

I was in your bost 3 months ago. On a buget and to many choices. This years on by kind to find saws on the second hand market. Been pretty dead on ebay. Looked at all sorts. I want a cast iron too. So was between ones at Axminster sip and itech.

https://www.scosarg.com/itech-250mm-cast-iron-table-saw-bench
13amp socket a bonus. Saves altering the electrics which will eat into my budget. itech not 1 I looked at but thanks for pointing this 1 out. Have a look. Cheers.

@Simondo923 I've a 10" Makita in the for sale section? Accurate, but rough edges as with any table saw?
How about 90 cuts then finish on the router?
Ah good thinking Batman. Never crossed my mind. Thank you for the suggestion. Great to have all the ideas. Really appreciate it.

Only 1 review I saw on YouTube on the Lumberjack TS1800. That looked promising and it came with a mobile base but I cannot find much more about them.

I have a Charnwood 650. Bought without doing too much research (well any!). It's good but I did have to do a fair bit of fettling on the riving knife. Extractoin through the blade guard is not stellar and the ON/OFF switch position takes a wee bit of getting used to.
Great saw - I have an older version -SPI 1332.

Back