Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have the B&Q table saw which for me is quite adequate apart from one thing. The useless red blade cover which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, so have discarded it as you can't see what is going on. I have searched high and low for an equivalent perspex one but to no avail. Anyone any ideas please. Thanks

Thanks for reply James. I can't find what you mention on axminster. seems excessive just for a blade cover, that would be more than the cost of the table saw

cheers

Arthur

Have you tried Charnwood they claim to keep spares and all their saws are fitted with Transparent Guards. They have a web site the address of which escapes me for a moment.

Bean

Welcome to the forum, Arthur.

The Axminster one is here: http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=056002. Quite a fancy bit of kit, and certainly more than just a saw guard, but perhaps overkill for your requirements. Aftermarket guarding and upgrades seem to be something of an untapped market in the UK. I suppose because the ones provided are so good... :?

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf
Had a look at the one you suggested.I think you are correct in saying there doesn't seem to be an aftermarket for these items. They are definately not all good quality so maybe it will be back to drawing board and make one myself out of clear perspex.

Cheers
Arhtur

Back