Table saw v band saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Kity 419 and the TS200 has it's merits, but. Which one is best? Only one way to find out.

FIIIIIIIIIGHT!!

:mrgreen:

Speaking as someone who couldn't be pineappled to build a router table :lol: , the Jessem table at Rutlands is £250 and is excellent quality on the whole. The Kreg is, I'm sure, lovely but very expensive.

I've had a number of different router tables in my time and all had the same fault, they moved!
I built a special door frame on one and spent most of my time chasing after it as I pushed heavy timbers over it.
Mine is now part of my TS and doesn't move.

Roy.

Eric The Viking":3jvpz81p said:
I'd go TS200 in preference (I actually have a Kity). See the thread on that subject, but in short, cast iron table top and separate rise/fall and tilt controls. Both have very similar fences etc.

Bought the TS200 and took it back after two weeks, it's a nice solid machine but I had to reset the blade after every 5 or 6 cuts, the chap at the local store said that it was a issue with the latest models and even he had returned his saw after buying one. Why he didn't volunteer that info' before I bought it is beyond me!

I ended up with

Makita MLT100 table saw
Axminster ED32F Pillar Drill
Axminster CT1502 Planer
Axminster MB1933 Thicknesser
Axminster AS408 Belt & Disc Sander

Once I've used (abused) them for a few weeks I'll share my thoughts on them.

Back