Table saw suggestions please?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolyHive

Reaction score
I rather stupidly sold my last Kity table saw and now am regretting it.

If you had £500 to spend which make and model would you recommend please?

Thanks

PH

I have been told (strenuously, on here) that the path to true enlightenment lies not in machinery!

A decent hand rip saw recovered painstakingly from the rust-pile of e-bay and each tooth lovingly restored is what you shall use if you wish to have understanding.

Nay, not that even. Eshew all mechanical aids. Wear away your chosen form through nothing more than a thousand years of gentle caresses of your hand. No more that your fingertip shall touch the wood, and such shall be your consideration that each imperceptible removal shall shed no more than motes in the air.

Or you could get a Wadkin.

Deadeye":2uusso12 said:
I have been told (strenuously, on here) that the path to true enlightenment lies not in machinery!

A decent hand rip saw recovered painstakingly from the rust-pile of e-bay and each tooth lovingly restored is what you shall use if you wish to have understanding.

Nay, not that even. Eshew all mechanical aids. Wear away your chosen form through nothing more than a thousand years of gentle caresses of your hand. No more that your fingertip shall touch the wood, and such shall be your consideration that each imperceptible removal shall shed no more than motes in the air.

Or you could get a Wadkin.

All that sounds like something Monty Python would write :) - said in the voice of Michael Palin when reading out the instructions for the Holy Hand Grenade.

It STILL makes me laugh.

I’ve had one for the last 22 months and found it fine. It is mounted on braked castors so I can move it around the workshop. The motor is very quiet and dust extraction average - ie some sawdust still drops through onto the floor. Have used it to cut some very accurate segments for wood turning but not done much large scale ripping of stock yet.

Thanks for that, theres nothing like getting real feedback. My current one is a pain as regardless of how I set it up the accuracy wonders off and what should be an accurate half lap joint is out by two or three mil. Vexing to put it mildly. I need audio dampening in the garage for the cursing!

Back