Table saw repair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I see

The inferrior quality snap ring has walked out of it's groove too many times and chewed up the groove so the whole shaft now walks in and ut instead of tilting the blade. Correct?

I come to think of two ways of fixing that:

1. Turn the groove to a suitable with for two or three snap rings side by side with a square bottom and straight sides.

2. Turn a collar that fits onto the shaft and lock it in place either with a roll pin or a tapered pin through the shaft.

Oh I get you now. So this is the handle end

if you can get it out a circlip groove could be added, you could do it in situ with a file (yuk!) or use a new shaft collar

one snap ring, 10 snap rings... no different, it’s the first one that does the job

Aidan

Had a productive day today. Called with the engineer before lunch and told him my problems. He said come back at 5 this evening, it will be ready.
He turned down the main shaft to the same spec as the old one and now it's a nice push fit everywhere.
He discovered that the snap ring groove on the blade tilt shaft was already too deep to modify for a cir clip so he cut and added a small collar, then cut a new groove for a cir clip.
Brilliant job well worth £40.
Looking forward to getting the motor back tomorrow, so I can get it going.

Those wire type clips are found on automotive drive shafts to hold the outer CV joint on the shaft. Range of sizes around 20 - 25mm if thats any help.

I tried and I think you posted it in some kind of personal area I can only look if I am a member. I can watch pretty much any other youtube video as long as I wait out the comercials. I don't watch it enough to want join it. Thanks anyway.

Pete

I tried and I think you posted it in some kind of personal area I can only look if I am a member. I can watch pretty much any other youtube video as long as I wait out the comercials. I don't watch it enough to want join it. Thanks anyway.

Pete
I inadvertently set it to private. It's public now. Nothing to get excited about anyway. lol.

Back