Table saw problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I had just started work on a set of french doors today when my table saw rise and fall gave up the ghost! :eek: As I tried to raise the blade it went tight and then dropped! Just what I needed in the middle of a job! I ended up having to dismantle the motor to get at the gear but found that the wheel running in the worm drive had lost most of it's teeth. :roll: I managed to effect a repair by rotating the wheel 180 degrees and use the better teeth on the opposite side. I did get it all back together and working and even managed to finish off the tennons I was cutting. :D does anyone know where I can get replacement parts for the SIP 12" table saw?

SIP are pretty good at getting spares to you but if you have any probs give me a bell, I might be able to help :wink: :wink:

I had a delivery guy come to my place once and he saw the sip saw and said "oh SIP 01332 I used to work for SIP those things never break" well this thread has put paid to the confidence I did feel!

I've found SIP to be quite good on the services and repairs front.

Chems":3dkbqp82 said:
I had a delivery guy come to my place once and he saw the sip saw and said "oh SIP 01332 I used to work for SIP those things never break" well this thread has put paid to the confidence I did feel!

In fairness I reckon Alan uses his SIP 10x more than most on here - a true "trade" rated user.

Glad it's getting sorted for you Alan.

Cheers

Karl

You are spot on there Karl, I do use it one hell of a lot and it was second hand when I bought it so I can't complain. I have been very happy with the saw and it has done everything I ever wanted and more. :D Them Motors are damn heavy though! :shock:

Back